Dog attack

I'm so happy to hear he is getting better! You have all of our fingers crossed for the little guy, he will survive, just keep hoping!!
thumbsup.gif

Well just for an update, key is making huge improvements, his chest wound has dried out and is no longer smelling of rot or green it is starting to look healthy and pink, his wing is giving him no problems and he is now flapping them away like crazy and dirt bathing, he is slowly gaining some weight so I'm hoping he will be his happy healthy self in the next coming weeks, thank you all for you advice and support :)

I clicked on this link bc it is similar to my situation and similar injuries except my girls got attacked by a fox. One didn't make it and the other has a tear in the breast where you can see the muscle, as well as a puncture in her back. I thought we would have to get rid of her, but this gives me hope. Thanks, and good luck with yours!

I wish you luck tdayman with your hen, it was a struggle with key, every hour for the first two days I was feeding key, checking his wounds making sure he was hydrated, warm and that his area was clean, it was tedious work waking at ungodly hours, cleaning his wounds every chance I had and honestly I feared the worst especially with key being a silky bantam and that it was coming into winter, I researched everything I could talked to anyone willing to give advice and after I came back from holiday I nearly lost hope when my mother forgot to check him for 4 days but he is a fighter and I am lucky to still have him with us. I wish you the best and hope your girl suffers very little :)

Back
Top Bottom