Dog chat!

Which of these dog breeds do do you prefer?

• Total voters
I hope you get ones with a lovely temperament. If you get that then you have hit the jackpot. We hit the jackpot with our first Bernese but not so much with our second.

Just remember to take plenty of pictures and videos as they grow so quickly. :)
Do you currently have dogs now and is this your first Bernese dogs??
This will be my first Bernese!

I have a 3-year-old Blue Heeler, pit, lab, mix... He is a rescue and was a tough first dog to have but by the help of trainers me and my dad, brother, he has come a long way!

We are mainly getting the Bernese for there care for kids and animals! We are getting goats and chickens this year and needed a dog that could be safe family pet but big enough to stay outside when he one... And was trained with animals!

I'm looking at a fall litter right now.... My only issue is I wouldn't be able to see the pup before I bring him home! So I'm a bit nervous but dad says since the breeders are trustworthy they should be able to give a pup for it best for us!

What kind of questions would you ask a breeder?

I have a list some where... I will have to dig it up!

This will be my first Bernese!

I have a 3-year-old Blue Heeler, pit, lab, mix... He is a rescue and was a tough first dog to have but by the help of trainers me and my dad, brother, he has come a long way!

We are mainly getting the Bernese for there care for kids and animals! We are getting goats and chickens this year and needed a dog that could be safe family pet but big enough to stay outside when he one... And was trained with animals!

I'm looking at a fall litter right now.... My only issue is I wouldn't be able to see the pup before I bring him home! So I'm a bit nervous but dad says since the breeders are trustworthy they should be able to give a pup for it best for us!

What kind of questions would you ask a breeder?

I have a list some where... I will have to dig it up!

Any good breeder will have documents from there blood line so you know what you're getting. I myself wouldn't go to some one just doing it for money. I can't remember too much what she told us but i have a picture of our pups father. Which from what i remember was an award winning Bernese (the one on the left).

We have a Chocolate lab/Catahoula mix. She is 4yrs old and her name is Kalia. (pronounced Kah-LEE-ya) We used to have a Boxer girl named Chloe, but we had to end her suffering from a very aggressive cancer. She was my "heart" dog, but now that we have Kalia, she has taken my heart. :D
Chloe_zpsjm57wnv1.jpg

Chloe
10479476_10202392404513762_295984911_o_zps8pi7wxcf.jpg

Kalia

We have a Chocolate lab/Catahoula mix. She is 4yrs old and her name is Kalia. (pronounced Kah-LEE-ya) We used to have a Boxer girl named Chloe, but we had to end her suffering from a very aggressive cancer. She was my "heart" dog, but now that we have Kalia, she has taken my heart. :D
Chloe_zpsjm57wnv1.jpg

Chloe
10479476_10202392404513762_295984911_o_zps8pi7wxcf.jpg

Kalia
Aww!!! They are both so cute! Sorry for your loss!:(

I've heard the older bred ones are the best! Not the new over bred lines!

"older bred" "straight back" and similar things are actually signs of a breeder to avoid when it comes to GSDs. You want a responsible breeder who works and heath tests their dogs.

It's normal among good breeders for them to pick the puppy for you, depending on your needs.
However, I'm surprised that the breeder will let you have 2 pups at once. Be sure that you research litter mate syndrome and how to insure that your pups bond with your rather than each other.

Back
Top Bottom