Dog destroyed our coop.

some people are idiots! :oops: Who said that? I amazes me that there aren't more sad stories concerning mismanaged dogs!
Mary
It's bad enough that we have so many sad posts about people losing chickens to a neighborhood dog roaming about.

And people wonder why I just take care if it myself. I don't ask permission, I don't threaten, I don't engage in anything but defense of my girls on my property. You never, repeat NEVER know what you are facing.

There are people who live around the block from me and whenever their son walked their white dog he would run at the chickens. I asked them to keep him on a shorter leash because he was very energetic and I was afraid that he would jump over my 4 foot chain link fence and get my hens when they were foraging in the backyard. They refused to keep the white dog on a shorter leash. Sometime later this same white dog attacked my other neighbors’ dog (they have chickens also). It took 3 adults to pry the white dog off of the other one. My neighbors with chickens had the owner of the white dog pay for the vet bills, the owners also agreed to muzzle their dog. Apparently this white dog was a fighting dog and these people adopted it! Are you kidding me?! A dog that is aggressive to dogs and people and they walked it without a muzzle! My 10 year old little sister would play outside on our driveway. This white dog could have attacked her!
I should mention that this white dog was not a pit bull. It was smaller and it’s tail would stay high up in a crescent form.
That's insane!!

I wouldn't rant on dogs as they are just being dogs. I rant on neglectful dog owners because they know better.
I was just going to say the same thing. The consistent theme here isn't that we hate dogs, we kill dogs, no one should have dogs.... it's the neglectful, irresponsible, unable/unwilling to teach/train/control/monitor/take responsibility for dog OWNERS that I have a problem with. The dog just pays the price.

I was just going to say the same thing. The consistent theme here isn't that we hate dogs, we kill dogs, no one should have dogs.... it's the neglectful, irresponsible, unable/unwilling to teach/train/control/monitor/take responsibility for dog OWNERS that I have a problem with. The dog just pays the price.
Absolutely.

I wouldn't rant on dogs as they are just being dogs. I rant on neglectful dog owners because they know better.

It's about going on and on and onandonandon irregardless of the OP's situation and contribution to the topic they started....was my point.

And if it we're a question of "dogs just being dogs" inside the boundaries of their own homes or yards that'd be fine.

But that holds no water as an argument once the property line is crossed. There are plenty of dogs who are not allowed to engage in destructive, predatory behavior. Lots of them live in my neighborhood.

So nope, not gonna give that a pass.

It's about going on and on and onandonandon irregardless of the OP's situation and contribution to the topic they started....was my point.
I agree it seems like and endless rant about people bashing dogs. But moreover it is people sharing experiences and learning from one another. I think dogs are one of the top predators because I've witnessed first hand one dog taking out an entire flock. You have to be aware because alot of dog owners aren't as vigilant as you or I would be.

Back
Top Bottom