Dog food?

STACEYH

Free Ranging
Jul 14, 2021
I caught my neighbors in my yard yesterday feeding my girls. I don't do neighbors well ( complete loner here) this is not acceptable to me in any way. I do live in town and I have no trespassing signs up. These people have the mentality if they see something they like they can have it, take it. or play with it. Anyways they were feeding them dog food. I politely asked them not to feed them and to reframe from coming onto my property. I have security cameras up and again today they were feeding the girls dog food again. Will eating the dog food hurt them? They did eat a lot of it today.

Fencing! I'd be upset about people coming on to my property without permission, and also keep my critters at home.
And there's no way that they need to be feeding your birds anything that you aren't pleased about. You do have chicken feed available to them all the time, right? Maybe giving them something you want your birds to eat would work out for you both...
Mary

I have feed and water 24/7 . The girls (15) have a fenced run 10x20 with a treat dish and feeder inside the run one feeder in coop. Do to part of my land having sewer lines for the city running through it. I am not allowed to put up fencing. So, the run is all I can do for the girls. I don't want them feeding anything to them and asked them again to stop and not to return. These are adults 20-30 yrs old(not special needs) they left laughing. so I am thinking this is not going to stop. I am just worried my girls will get sick.

If they are white (please don't call the police on bipoc) I would call the police, say they have been trespassing despite you asking them not to and ask them to visit them and tell them to stay off your property.

You could also put up electric fencing if it's allowed.
No, fencing is allowed other then what I have. Sorry, I don't care for the rest of your statement. I am not breaking down who I will or will not call the cops on by color or race. Just so you know I am Caucasian multiracial and I have multiracial black (adult) children . I was just worried if my girls would be hurt and I ranted a bit but this isn't a racial thing (not everything is).

I feed a small amount to my chickens once in a while, so it's ok in moderation, however your neighbor should NOT be trespassing on your property regardless if there's a fence or not!

I unfortunately can't fence either (I have water on 2 sides of the lot and some on the 3rd side) and I get everything from people sleeping on the driveway to berry pickers. So far no issue getting them to leave but a security camera might be in order in the future.

Do your neighbors have pets? Dogs, anything? (surely they do, or why would they have dog food, eh?) Suppose you go visit them with a dozen eggs or some cookies and an offer to chat. Explain that your chickens, like their dog, are on a very specific, scientifically formulated diet to get the healthiest and best eggs from them. And giving your chickens dog food makes as much sense as you giving their dog chicken food. Or for people to eat dog food, see? So silly! So you know they will understand you asking them not to do it any more. And hope they enjoy the eggs. Thanks for being such good neighbors, hand shakes all around. Problem solved, one hopes. Good luck.

I feed a small amount to my chickens once in a while, so it's ok in moderation, however your neighbor should NOT be trespassing on your property regardless if there's a fence or not!

I unfortunately can't fence either (I have water on 2 sides of the lot and some on the 3rd side) and I get everything from people sleeping on the driveway to berry pickers. So far no issue getting them to leave but a security camera might be in order in the future.
This is why I have mine, things use to grow legs and walk off like push mowers ect. You also don't know how they will react to you asking them to leave. Everyone around me knows of my cameras and have pretty much stop doing stupid things.

Back
Top Bottom