Dog in the cone of shame

Sfraker

Songster
5 Years
Feb 17, 2014
Western NC
I kept telling Chloe that she needed to leave the scrape on the side of her face alone or she would regret it. Well guess what. That little nickel sized scrape is now a half dollar sized area of irritated skin. So on went the cone of shame!

She kept messing with it and turned it into a hot spot. Of course all the meds I had from a prior hot spot were expired so off to the vet I went to get new meds.

Poor Chloe. She is afraid to move while wearing the cone. Our other lab Zelda, is quite happy to stick her head into the cone to sniff it and continually smacks it with her tail which just makes Chloe look more miserable.

That girl looks unhappy. TSC carries a 'Topical Fungicide', about $6 for 16 fluid ounces. It is the best and least expensive treatment that I have ever found for hot spots, flea bite dermatitis, allergic itch - active ingredients are Benzalkonium Chloride and Allantoin. There is also a product on the market called Fungisan that contains the same ingredients and is very effective.

yuckyuck.gif

LOLOLOL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom