Dog is back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
What does your HOA say about letting 100+pound dogs run loose and killing the neighbors' pets? Get video of him throwing himself against the fence ... and send it to every member of the HOA Board of Directors. You could even show up at the next meeting with a laptop & show it to everyone there. Then file a formal grievance with the HOA. My guess is that the video will solve your problem ... and maybe save pain and suffering for a small dog or, Heaven-forbid, a child, in the not-too-distant future!

We checked and there is nothing about leashed pets. It is actually kind of weird since there are a lot of other little things.

note to self: never live anywhere with an HOA.

We are getting out as soon as possible and never will live with an HOA again. Our last house had an HOA but it was wonderful. Everyone minded their own business, and they actually used dues to pay for snow removal. So we really had no idea how bad it could be.

We checked and there is nothing about leashed pets. It is actually kind of weird since there are a lot of other little things.

Are there city/county rules about leashes?

If the HOA has nothing regarding leashes then city/county laws apply.

Your neighbors disregard for the safety/consideration of others is disheartening and rather disgusting.

As HOA president they should "lead by example".

Are there city/county rules about leashes?

If the HOA has nothing regarding leashes then city/county laws apply.

Your neighbors disregard for the safety/consideration of others is disheartening and rather disgusting.

As HOA president they should "lead by example".

Leashes are only required in areas considered public use places.

Dog at large laws?
Trespassing laws?

If they cannot/won't fence it in you will have to fence it out.

Do other neighbors have fencing around their yards? Portions of their yards?

I understand you doubt a fence would be approved with that neighbor being president...
Surely they are not the ONLY one on the committee/board.....

You don't have to say it is to keep their dog out....It can be to keep your dog in. ;)

Shoot it with a paintball gun. Several years ago a member was having problems with a dog on her property. She told her neighbor but the neighbor said it wasn't his dog on her property so the next time it showed up she shot it with a paintball.

My plan is to document, take pictures, video, and call animal control each time the dog is in the yard.
For fun, could you post a copy of the HOA rules and indicate the county and state in which you reside. it might help us all understand better how the rules mesh across jurisdictions.

My plan is to document, take pictures, video, and call animal control each time the dog is in the yard.
I think that’s the best thing you can do. Let animal control deal with the neighbor.

Just out of curiosity, since I have no idea how these things work... How does one become an HOA president? Are there elections? Are there term limits? Who nominates them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom