Dog Kennel/Chain link covered in bamboo?

Powerpuff Chick

Hatching
Oct 2, 2015
Central Coast, CA
We have a large chain link dog kennel attached to an already existing run my dad built. I hate the look of the chain link! I really want to cover it with something, and was thinking of possibly using a roll of that 6'x6' bamboo you can buy at home depot in the garden section by the weed block.
Has anybody ever done this? I was thinking of just attaching it to the chain link.

That's true, I didn't think of that! Maybe I could put some kind of wooden frame around it to make it match the other two structures I have? I just want it to have a more uniform look

I also have chain link on the run. I did mine differently but this may give you some ideas.....

Not the best pic but then there is not any really good view of the run. I have huge lilacs that have been there for years so my run is kind of hidden.
I used wooden corner posts and the chain link top rail as top rail. May be able to make it wooden with the chain link as the wire. Just a thought.

I had the chain link sitting around and the top rail as well so used what we had.

Yes, I have done this. I used a reed fence to cover a chain link side of a chicken run (the reed fence is kind of like the bamboo fence but the "poles" are much thinner than the bamboo fences I have seen, and there are enough gaps that you can see through parts of it). I just attached it to the chain link with zip ties. Honestly, it isn't the prettiest ( bamboo is more uniform and would probably look better) but my intention was to keep the little birds that can fit through chain link out of the run and out of the chicken feed and it has worked fine for that. And it is still nicer than looking at chain link and it provides some shade. If you want to see your birds, you might be able to find a 4 foot bamboo fence and just attach it around the bottom of the chain link so it looks dressed up a little and breaks up the chain link but you can still see in through the chain link on the top half of the run. It just depends on the look you want.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom