Dog Kennel Coop/Run

RumneyRoost

Songster
Jul 24, 2018
Ontario
My sister has a 10x10 dog kennel as a run for her four hens.
She hasn’t had issues with predators, but she does lock them in a secure coop at night.
At the very least I would cover the bottom few feet with hardware cloth to prevent raccoons from reaching through and grabbing a chicken.

LJ33

Songster
5 Years
Jul 7, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I have 2 California Grays which are a cross between a Barred Rock and Leghorn. They look like your birds; however mine are not very common.
I have 2 Cali Whites (Grey rooster w Leghorn hen) they look like the leghorn with a few dark specs. They lay very light cream colored eggs.

Are youre from a Barred rock Rooster and Leghorn hen?

Sfowler

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2020
wow. I've never heard of that cross. Are they laying? If so what color are the eggs? GC
Not yet. They just turned 20 weeks. Supposed to lay white eggs. I think one is a rooster though. I’m a chicken newbie so not sure what to expect.

Sfowler

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2020
I have 2 Cali Whites (Grey rooster w Leghorn hen) they look like the leghorn with a few dark specs. They lay very light cream colored eggs.

Are youre from a Barred rock Rooster and Leghorn hen?
I think so because the feathers look like the Barred Rock but body similar to the leghorn. They are very friendly.

drinkoj

Songster
Premium Feather Member
May 24, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
I was going to build my coop inside the kennel but decided to build one outside of the run and connect it via a covered bridge.
I think it worked about better as I have, what I feel to be, a very secure coop for them at night.

IMG_1924.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

Sfowler

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2020
I’m not 100% sure. My husband said it’s not level. We don’t officially live there yet and I’m just making plans for the move.

Top Bottom