Dog killed most of my chickens

I'm sorry for your loss! I have many stray dogs running around my neighborhood that destroy my yard and I don't even have chickens yet.

im soo soo sorry:(
i have tons of dog off leashes here where i live which is funny cuz we have a strict leash law.. in truns means i can shoot any dog that comes on my yard... i NEVER catch the dogs that get my chickens ive lost about 50 this year and last year and 6 turkeys now i watch my chickens very carefully and if i know i have to run to town i keep them cooped up until i return..
that sucks so bad to lose your animals!! i scream histarically when i found my turkeys still warm on the drive
sad.png
one half alive under my deck my husband had to kill it and he was my fav
sad.png
still gets to me.. at least you saw the dog so you could take a quick walk to see if you could see where it lives and tell the owners that your dog kill your animals and
a.) owe you money for loss
b.) warn them you will kill the dog if its found on the property

or both again im so sorry for the loss

Sorry for your loss...

We bought a whole flock of about 12 hens 5 yrs ago... brought them home and put them in the coop. Then the next morning we woke to a horrible massacre on the lawn. The neighbors dogs had broken through an old piece of plywood I foolishly put over a hole for the un-built run. They had killed all of them and the dogs were still laying in our yard "chewing" on them when we came outside. I don't think they were being viscous predictors but the dogs seemed to think of it as playful and challenging. GRRR! I was terribly angry at first but I learned a tuff lesson that day. My neighbors had owned there dogs for years and they had always ran free in the neighborhood. So I built a fort that no dog can get through and have never had another break in.

Believe it or not these dogs are now a blessing since they in effect patrol around the fence and a coon or fox would not dare get near my coop.

Again... so sorry this happen to your hens
sad.png

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss and the hurt you are feeling
hugs.gif
. Can you shoot the dog where you live? Take pictures of the crime scene in case dogs owner needs convincing of his dog's actions. I agree, get some new chickens quick, helps you soldier on (speaking from personal experience)

Back
Top Bottom