dog lot type tractor question

beepbeepinajeep

Songster
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Piedmont NC
Our first tractor that my DH built has a very sturdy coop & I am not worried about the colder weather. Our other two tractors are large and more like a dog lot on wheels. They were the design suggested by our local ag agent & he said to wrap them in plastic as a wind break this winter, but they would be fine. When do we need to wrap them in plastic (what temperature)... and do you think this will be enough?

Thanks!

You aren't gonna need plastic until probably late Nov- Feb. I only put it on 2 sides of my run of my "playhouse" coop. I just put it on the side of the most wind and leave 2 sides open for ventilation. I haven't had any problems in 2 years. I'm in the Piedmont too, N.Gaston county

We are over in Thomasville. I was even worried about them last night
hide.gif
lol Does it matter which two sides are covered? It is amazing they can handle cold like that!

I cover the 2 sides that receive the prevailing winds. In my yard it's the southern and western sides. It's the winds that effect them more than the cold it's self. It will blow cold air into their feathers and warmth away from them.

Back
Top Bottom