Dog not wanting head touched suddenly... *UPDATE: Pg2*

At 17, it could even be a vison thing. used to see shadows, now nothing... who knows.
Old dogs get flinchy, I'm surprised that it's taken till 17 to be flinchy enough to notice. Dogs can and do get senile, it could just be that.

Quote:
She is going to the vet first thing in the morning (Monday). The closest vet er is not worth the trip, Ive heard nothing but bad things.
PLus she has been seeing the same vet since she was 4, she trusts him and lets him handle her, she doesnt let too many people touch her.
I dont think it would be fair to take her to a new vet and stress her out unless its really needed.

Im leaning towards an ear infection though. Her ear is slightly red, but I dont notice a smell.
I didnt notice anything wring with her teeth when I brushed them today. She didnt flinch or anything.

Last edited:
I couldnt wait until the morning, so I called my vet (in the middle of the night,lol) and told him I read something online about dog ear infections becoming deadly and I was freak out (I had to think of something to make him want to get up out of bed) , so he agreed to meet me at the office and he checked her out.

Turns out Honey had a tiny scratch in her ear (probly from the cat, he sometimes plays too rough with her) and it was healing, so it bugged (itched) her when I touched her ear. Just in case, he gave me some antibiotics for her.

Glad it wasn't something more serious - that's great news! And you've got a gem of a vet who would come out in the middle of the night on a Sunday - you're really lucky!

Im glad it wasnt nothing serious too, Ive been with the same vet for over 15 years
smile.png
He is an amazing guy.
He is a vet for both pets & livestock, so I imgaine he is used to late night phone calls from farmers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom