Dog pics

Quote:
gig.gif
Your pooch looks possessed!!

Quote:
nczookeeper - What breed are your dogs (or some of them)? Not Pyrenean Shepherds, are they?

All are rescues - as a trainer, I usually rescue, train, and adopt out dogs, keeping those who have issues where they might not fit in with the average family (aggression mostly). I know the background of all but one - however their heredity. . .lol Between vets/groomers/and other dog people, we've pretty much narrowed it down to (most likely)

Quincy - Afghan / Bearded Collie (when he was young, a few people suggested his heredity was the same as Percy's - but now that he's older most have changed their opinion) Starved, beaten, hung and left for dead at the age of 3 months old, (1998) Quincy was a train wreck. Years of mental, as well as physical rehabilitation for him. He became a therapy dog and then was named TV News 14 Carolina's Dog of the Year in 2003 for the work he did with children in NC schools.

Percy - A Briard / Bearded Collie mix - He has double dew claws on his rear feet, the J hooked tail - in full coat, his is a good 7" long, he stands 23" at his withers - his eyebrows curve and arch under all that hair, his back is really long, his gait is so beautiful, he looks like he runs on air - and fast, like a blur when he gets moving. Never saw a dog that size who could turn quite like him - amazing to watch. VERY protective of everyone - critter or human - in his house, especially me. He was handled really rough by a man who wanted to make him a guard dog, and went about it in the wrong way, beating him. He was dangerous when I got hold of him, but proud to say in the 10 years he's been with me, he has never harmed anyone (scared them, but never touched them)

Frankie - Papillon / Long Longhaired Miniature Dachshund mix His head is Papillon - his body LHMD. . .He reminded me of Frankenstein's Monster. . .so I named him 'Frankenstein' and his personality. . .OMG obedient, smart - he knows more than 50 of his stuffed toys by name and will hunt them down for you, no matter how long it takes him to find it. He loves to burrow and get under the covers to sleep, like a heating pad. He's a character, sweet and loving with people he knows, but NASTY, vicious little bugger to strangers - 11 pound terror. He was wandering the streets of downtown Smithfield one cold February morning - about 8 months old, 5.5 pounds - it's a wonder he wasn't killed.

Jimmy - The human that placed him on a 15' chain a good 100' from her house for a year, also owned his mother - who looked almost pure Norfolk Terrier, just slightly bigger - no more than 15 lbs. His father? He was skin and bones and afraid of his own shadow (literally) when I picked him up during an ice storm. Jimmy gained almost 20 pounds since then and is now 47lbs and under that hair. He's trim, not an ounce of fat on him. Very laid back and sweet - like a stuffed toy. For the first 3 years I had him, he hid from strangers, now he's quite the social bugger. Everyone (family, friends, groomer, vet. . .) loves Jimmy.

Last edited:
I love seeing all of the dog (and kitty) pics! I never get tired of meeting critters. . .dogs, horses, cats, chickens, cows. . .lol put fur or feathers on them and I just think they are beautiful! Thanks for starting this thread - while I adore chicken pics, I also like to see the canines that live with them
smile.png

Quote:
nczookeeper - What breed are your dogs (or some of them)? Not Pyrenean Shepherds, are they?

All are rescues - as a trainer, I usually rescue, train, and adopt out dogs, keeping those who have issues where they might not fit in with the average family (aggression mostly). I know the background of all but one - however their heredity. . .lol Between vets/groomers/and other dog people, we've pretty much narrowed it down to (most likely)

Quincy - Afghan / Bearded Collie (when he was young, a few people suggested his heredity was the same as Percy's - but now that he's older most have changed their opinion) Starved, beaten, hung and left for dead at the age of 3 months old, (1998) Quincy was a train wreck. Years of mental, as well as physical rehabilitation for him. He became a therapy dog and then was named TV News 14 Carolina's Dog of the Year in 2003 for the work he did with children in NC schools.

Percy - A Briard / Bearded Collie mix - He has double dew claws on his rear feet, the J hooked tail - in full coat, his is a good 7" long, he stands 23" at his withers - his eyebrows curve and arch under all that hair, his back is really long, his gait is so beautiful, he looks like he runs on air - and fast, like a blur when he gets moving. Never saw a dog that size who could turn quite like him - amazing to watch. VERY protective of everyone - critter or human - in his house, especially me. He was handled really rough by a man who wanted to make him a guard dog, and went about it in the wrong way, beating him. He was dangerous when I got hold of him, but proud to say in the 10 years he's been with me, he has never harmed anyone (scared them, but never touched them)

Frankie - Papillon / Long Longhaired Miniature Dachshund mix His head is Papillon - his body LHMD. . .He reminded me of Frankenstein's Monster. . .so I named him 'Frankenstein' and his personality. . .OMG obedient, smart - he knows more than 50 of his stuffed toys by name and will hunt them down for you, no matter how long it takes him to find it. He loves to burrow and get under the covers to sleep, like a heating pad. He's a character, sweet and loving with people he knows, but NASTY, vicious little bugger to strangers - 11 pound terror. He was wandering the streets of downtown Smithfield one cold February morning - about 8 months old, 5.5 pounds - it's a wonder he wasn't killed.

Jimmy - The human that placed him on a 15' chain a good 100' from her house for a year, also owned his mother - who looked almost pure Norfolk Terrier, just slightly bigger - no more than 15 lbs. His father? He was skin and bones and afraid of his own shadow (literally) when I picked him up during an ice storm. Jimmy gained almost 20 pounds since then and is now 47lbs and under that hair. He's trim, not an ounce of fat on him. Very laid back and sweet - like a stuffed toy. For the first 3 years I had him, he hid from strangers, now he's quite the social bugger. Everyone (family, friends, groomer, vet. . .) loves Jimmy.

That's interesting - they all look kind of similar. Thank you so much for rescuing them! I love Quincy's look.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom