!%$%^* dog!

Quote:
I have heard stories of dogs running through it too-yet another thing for us to think about when deciding what to do.

Max is finally awake now, and my husband is on the way over to pick him up. I have a feeling going poo for the next few days is going to be a bit uncomfortable, and probably unsettling for him
roll.png

Tala ran right through the shock fence but then again she was a stubborn dog with a LOT of fur so we were thinkin that the probes were not really touchin skin for the shock to bother her..

she had a harness for the "zip line" cause her collar kept coming off

Well, Max gets to try some of the gel stuff, lol! This stuff is called Laxatone..or something like that-same thing though, for cats with hairballs. It's tuna flavored
sickbyc.gif
He's also home on two antibiotics. One is Amoxicillin (very familiar with that, with three boys, and one prone to sickness) the other is Metro, or something like that-of course my husband didn't ask much for questions, but said the second one was geared more towards his bowels- different type of infection maybe?

I can see a harness being much safer. He is definitely a canidate for trying one on, versus just picking one up-that darn deep chest barrel on Dobies.

Quote:
That could be it, he just has "Metro" written on the pill bottle; probably didn't feel like writing the whole thing
tongue.png

I'm surprised at how well he is taking pills-vet said to put them in a hot dog, but I just have the cheese dogs, and I didn't want to give him any cheese, so I wrapped them up in thin sliced lunch meat. He scarfed them down without even knowing. And he's licking the paste right out of the tablespoon for me,
gig.gif

I know lots of people who swear the underground fence they installed is worthless. Any fast running dog can go right thru it.

I like the tie out suggestion and using a harness instead of a collar. Does the dog run off? Or you just can't control what he eats when he is exploring? Or you let your chickens free range?

Bacon grease is real good for loosening stools in dogs. Just poor it over their food. Any meat grease would work, I assume.

I had a dog that would eat rocks, bones, kids toys.etc... and would get backed up ALOT. I started putting fish oil in his food every other day. It worked great and was'nt to expensive. You can get the capsules and poke a hole and squirt it on the food.

Hi! Everyone....The invisiable fences are kinda useless. It doesn't keep others from entering and if the collars are loose it doesn't work..Something to think about I feed a raw diet to my dog,Natures variety-the raw part of the diet is 95% meat and bone. I supplement by adding raw turkey parts.Hes young so we have to watch the fat content. Raw bone does not clog up the colon. The only way bones are bad for dogs is if they are cooked. Cooking changes the whole make up of the bone and destroys all the benifical things. If your dog is having these problems somewhere he is getting cooked bones. If I were you I would make a paddock for them close to your house so you can let them out to do business and let them run the property when you are able to be with them. Watching where they go may give you answers. If raw bones were bad wolves,big cats etc... would be gone. So somewhere your dogs are getting cooked bones. Possibably an old trash/burn spot or a loving neighbor. This is why you need to keep your dogs close to you and supervise them.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom