Dogs and the chickens.

chknlitl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 30, 2010
Northwest Florida
I have been working with my Rat Terrier Fender, dont ask about the name we rescued her from the pound and that was her given name, and I think she is going to be ok. Today I let her out and had chickens free ranging and she didnt even pay them any attention. She just chased the squirrels and even ran right by Granny one of our sexlinks. Of course Granny chicken didnt like it but the dog didnt even act like she was there. I dont know if I could ever leave her out unsupervised when the chickens are out in the yard but for right now what I am doing is working. Before all she wanted to do was eat chicken for afternoon snack. She did eat one of my quail but thats when I first got the chickens and quail. Also we adopted a little beagle and hound mix. She is a puppy and already out with the chickens so I hope I can get her trained young. She tried to chase them once but she really doesnt pay them any attention. I think that was just the puppy in her.

Keep working with them and never leave them unattended together. Rat terriers are serious hunters for such a small dog. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom