Dogs - carcasses?

Scary if a feral dog is naturally aggressive, but also scary if he/she has rabies. Hope the dog met a rapid demise somewhere. So glad you got one of your girls back.

Great!
Did you ever find the dog you shot(?)?

I found an area it probably laid down in next to a road that had been plowed after - we had a few snow showers and this was freshly plowed. The blood and snow packed down indicated it stopped. There were tracks onto the road.

I don’t know that owner nor do I have permission to be on that road or easement.

There are big cats about. Bears are probably sleeping. Could have been taken. I see big car and lynx/bobcat tracks pretty frequently.

My shot placement must have been exceptionally poor. 4 rounds hit it. I’ve taken deer and coyotes with the same rifle. But stress levels are always higher with dogs in the midst of an attack.

Humane kills are the goal. Wether it be butchering chickens or taking predators.

I’m not sure how many here shoot. But I used to, probably should restart, do stress drills before shooting.

Run lines like kids do in basket ball. Run out and back to lines further away. Or put on a 50lb pack and run 200 yards. Then shoot at the target. A friend used to like a distraction drill where the person makes noise and moves In and out of peripheral vision whilst the other person shoots.

The stress test stuff works for other skills as well. Plenty of good quality literature out there for various industries or activities.

I found an area it probably laid down in next to a road that had been plowed after - we had a few snow showers and this was freshly plowed. The blood and snow packed down indicated it stopped. There were tracks onto the road.

I don’t know that owner nor do I have permission to be on that road or easement.

There are big cats about. Bears are probably sleeping. Could have been taken. I see big car and lynx/bobcat tracks pretty frequently.

My shot placement must have been exceptionally poor. 4 rounds hit it. I’ve taken deer and coyotes with the same rifle. But stress levels are always higher with dogs in the midst of an attack.

Humane kills are the goal. Wether it be butchering chickens or taking predators.

I’m not sure how many here shoot. But I used to, probably should restart, do stress drills before shooting.

Run lines like kids do in basket ball. Run out and back to lines further away. Or put on a 50lb pack and run 200 yards. Then shoot at the target. A friend used to like a distraction drill where the person makes noise and moves In and out of peripheral vision whilst the other person shoots.

The stress test stuff works for other skills as well. Plenty of good quality literature out there for various industries or activities.
I think we're all hoping it died soon after it was shot, I feel quite bad for the poor thing

Back
Top Bottom