Dogs eating chicken feed

Quote:
This is very interesting!!! I'm going to give it a try. I'm assuming the chickens don't mind the cayene?

Birds aren't affected by capsaicin so it doesn't bother them. We used to have a Conure whose favorite treat was dried cayenne peppers. lol

My dogs love to eat the poop also. At their last visit I asked the vet if it was okay and she said that since they are wormed with Interceptor, which prevents round, whip, and hook worms, they would be fine. It's just really gross.

i keep the feed inside the coop too, but i emptied the feeder in the garden dirt today and found my dog licking it up - because it was all ground up mushy part. My dog follows me around when I give them chick peas (dried garbanzo beans) and bread - she is eating it up. I don't mind because the feed is protected. I even covered the leftover feed in dirt and my greyhound was trying to dig it out.

My concern is - is the feed safe for my dog?

also - I need to make sure dried chick peas are safe (dried garbanzo beans) because my banter chicken eats them whole and I want to make sure they don't expand too much in her tummy????

Back
Top Bottom