Dogs got one of my ducks and I can't find another

@lynepie
 and @FaerieGlynne
  We thought it looked like a great solution as well.  What we found out though, is if you have a male or males who are getting frisky, sometimes a young duck will run, trying to escape a drakes advances, into and get tangled in the fencing because it appears they will fit through it.  We found one of our ducks completely wrapped up in a section of fence with no way of knowing how long she had been there.  It was long enough that in her struggle to get free she cut herself on the tops and bottoms of both wing roots.  She healed fine but after that I removed the poultry fence until I can use it as a perimeter solution and not a "one and only".  Your mileage may vary.  I'm glad we didn't have the electric unit turned on when she did that.

Troy & Tina

That would just be horrible if it had been on :/

I went out wearily this morning walking and calling duck-duck and whacking, I actually heard whacking back at me! She was in a drainage ditch next to our driveway under thorn bushes. She has a pretty bad tear on one side right at where her wing is attached to her body and on the other side same area is a small puncher wound. I have her in the house where it is warm with electrolytes in the water and sprayed wounds with Vetericyn. Is there anything else I should do?

Yay! You found her! That is happy news!
yippiechickie.gif

That's great news I am so happy she is home.
celebrate.gif
If it wouldn't upset her to much I would wash those wounds with antibacterial soap and warm water. Then you can put the spray on her. Keep her warm and quiet. Thank goodness and I hope she mends fast.

celebrate.gif
If it wouldn't upset her to much I would wash those wounds with antibacterial soap and warm water. Then you can put the spray on her. Keep her warm and quiet. Thank goodness and I hope she mends fast.
X2!! awesome you found her.

Very sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

celebrate.gif
and if you don't have antibacterial soap saline or salty warm water will work too.

Back
Top Bottom