Dogs got to my friends hens...

I agree with other posters on here, if a neighbor said their dogs eat chickens and that same neighbor left the dogs loose to kill my birds, then they would get the SSS method the next time they came on my property. Done deal.
somad.gif
My heart goes out to the OP.

The reason I call it SSS is because you can be sued in civil court for loss over the dog even if you had a right to shoot it. (Not that it would probably go anywhere, but remember people CAN sue for anything and even if you win it still takes time and money to defend yourself) Also, if you tell them you did it there is the possibility they could retaliate. I personally would not want them on my property even to retrieve the body.

I also would dig a hole as soon as the neighbor told me to expect the dog at my house for chicken dinner.

Almost sounds like the dog was playing with them. If it wanted to kill them, they'd be dead. I can't even imagine the horror of coming home to that scene.

btw....We also live by the SSS philosophy.

I hear what all y'all are saying and have to agree. But it is a crying shame the dogs have to pay with their lives because of their sorry, arrogant, narcissistic owners. I went to a dog rescue the other day and was just thinking looking at the dog there, how long did they have before there number was called. Owners they say are turning in dogs because they can't afford to keep the any longer. Just sickening.
sad.png

Dogs shouldn't roam, and people who let their dogs run free are taking their chances.

But so are people who turn their birds out with no protection and leave the area. I predict that your friend is going to come home to slaughter many times in her chicken career if she leaves her birds loose with no one there to look out for them.

Just about everything eats chicken and chickens are pretty much defenseless.

Sadly we ended up putting one of the hens down today, she was just hurt too badly and wouldn't move. It was hard to do, but she is not in pain anymore. Still not quite sure which dog(s) got to them.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom