Dogs thread!

I am getting the husky pup in about 5 more days! We have decided to keep her leashed because of the pitbull and the chickens. We have also been setting up the house and puppy-proofing it. I have one question though.
Dogs sometimes need to just walk away from the crowd and rest. Should I get her a carrier as a hide or just some blankets in a kind of closed up corner? How do I introduce the hide to her?
A carrier or dog crate. She will feel safer there.
What are your plans for the night you bring her home? Are you planning to kennel her every night and just wake up to let her out a couple times a night or do you have another place for her to sleep?

A carrier or dog crate. She will feel safer there.
What are your plans for the night you bring her home? Are you planning to kennel her every night and just wake up to let her out a couple times a night or do you have another place for her to sleep?
We do not want to kennel her. We plan to keep her in one room when only one person is at home to watch over her and we plan to keep a constant eye on her. When there are multiple people she can walk around more. We want her to sleep in the bed and free roam around the entire house when she is old enough.

I have 8 dogs, 1 lab, 1 golden retriever, 5 golden doodles, and 1 white German shepherd
706A2261-A208-4256-893F-BE54D4FC7D05.jpeg
00B1AFC1-4B67-4927-A02C-1ADAF57393E9.jpeg
AD79734E-2DE1-4436-BBE4-482D6B17E601.jpeg
52ACB889-C5AF-4FF1-8707-6774DE727DAE.jpeg

We do not want to kennel her. We plan to keep her in one room when only one person is at home to watch over her and we plan to keep a constant eye on her. When there are multiple people she can walk around more. We want her to sleep in the bed and free roam around the entire house when she is old enough.
I understand that. I crate train first, only allowing the dogs out when leashed or I’m watching like a hawk. It doesn’t take long, then it’s into my bed. Only one dog preferred the cage to sleep.

Day two with an antolian/akbash mix puppy. He's warming up to me very well so far. I've spent more time with him than anyone else. He's shown minor interest in the cats and chickens that he will eventually be guarding. I've also just learned the people who had him before purposefully didn't give him or his litter mates very much attention which is probably why he's so shy ☹️. I still need a name for him though. Any good name suggestions? I think that Ukon will fit him pretty well. My family wants to call him either Ukon, Boon, Buck, or Hickory.

Back
Top Bottom