Votes: 60 25.5%
  • I have 2

Votes: 63 26.8%
  • I have more 3 or more

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • None

Votes: 13 5.5%

• Total voters
I only have 1-dog but hope to be adding 2-bernese pups to the fam this summer!

My dog is a Heeler/Lab/Pit mix and is 2-(Y/O).

I have trained him to herd somewhat and he is a great farm dog!
I know you all love pics so here are some pics of my boy!

Thank you!
He is my pup that's for sure!
He is our first dog and we got him at 5-months old so I am not sure what is like to raise to pups but I am sure it will be fun.

My girl agnus was born in my back room, she was the first born, her mom picked her up and put her into my hands when she was first born, we kept one of her sisters too. Shes my grand-baby lol, I had her mom since she was 10 weeks old . Now with 4 dogs my hands are full

Saying I love dogs might be a bit of an understatement
1f62c.png
I work for a rescue doing training and rehab for special needs dogs. I've seen some dogs that had "no chance" turn into the most amazing animals and companions!

I personally have a pyr/Anatolian named Samson, a chihuahua named Pops, a pit bull named Ducky, and a lab/hound named Crouton!

I got the pyr to be a LGD- but all three of the big dogs actively guard and protect our flock of hens, the pyr and the pitty were introduced as pups to the hens, but our lab was 2 when we got him and he's always been very sweet and patient with them.

My chihuahua is scared of the chickens hahaha, he's even been chased around by some of the bigger hens a time or two!

1f923.png

@sannabelle <33 i love special needs dogs. deaf dogs in particular, two of my dogs are deaf and I absolutely love them. They "listen" better to hand signals then my hearing dogs do verbal commands, come to think of it my hearing dogs respond to hand signals better than verbal commands lol. // I love the name ducky for a pitbull, my english bulldog is named kitty

@sannabelle   <33 i love special needs dogs. deaf dogs in particular, two of my dogs are deaf and I absolutely love them. They "listen" better to hand signals then my hearing dogs do verbal commands, come to think of it my hearing dogs respond to hand signals better than verbal commands lol.   // I love the name ducky for a pitbull, my english bulldog is named kitty

Awwwwh how cute!!! I love deaf dogs as well. My "mentor" in the dog training world started out training deaf border collies and herding dogs to heard sheep! She would train them with hand signals and would take them to compete- awesome stuff!

Last edited:
It depends on what breed of dog you buy and how you train them. I breed Scotch Collies, they are incredibly smart and great around all livestock.
My dogs can Herd, Guard, and Nurture (meaning they are good around baby animals, and help take care of them.) and they make great companions.

Infact I'm expecting 2 litters in the first week of May, if you would like to learn more about my dogs, visit my website @ onegoodfarmdog.wordpress.com

Here are my dogs- DEX, with my little sister out to gather eggs.

AIDEN over looking the cow pastures. (This is my stud dog, and sire to the upcoming litters.)

EMMA-just finished herding the cows. (Emma is expecting a litter this 2017 May)

EVA-laying down with our Jersey. (Eva is expecting a liter this 2017 May)

Good luck on getting a dog!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom