• None

Votes: 13 5.5%

• Total voters

familyfarm1

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 9, 2013
Northern Virginia
Hey I thought if the cat people started a cat thread then we should start a dog thread! Post how many dogs you have! Or if your a fan of dogs talk about them! Have fun and remember BYC rules apply!
Lets go!!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I LOVE dogs! Sadly ,I've never had one but I really want one. My parents said that if I get rid of my bunnies (these are my personal pets, I still live with my parents but they have been very kind to let me house my pet rabbits inside.) and my chickens then I could get one. I have no idea why they would want me to get rid of both (it's not a money issue, our chickens barely cost anything and we get free eggs, and even my parents love my rabbits). Any idea on how to soften them up........?

Do you know if dogs would attack chickens, if the chickens were securely housed in a coop?

I'm more into rescuing animals. If I ever got a dog it would probably be from the shelter (like a pitbull or something). If I got a dog from a breeder though, I would want either an Australian Shepherd or a German Shepherd. I'm more into the large breed dogs.

Yeah my mom is allergic to them so........... no dogs for us yet! But were still begging! Well the dogs should grow up around the chickens that way they probably wouldn't attack them. Our neighbors have a bird dog and it use to come down and try to eat our chickens!LOL

Last edited:
I LOVE dogs! Sadly ,I've never had one but I really want one. My parents said that if I get rid of my bunnies (these are my personal pets, I still live with my parents but they have been very kind to let me house my pet rabbits inside.) and my chickens then I could get one. I have no idea why they would want me to get rid of both (it's not a money issue, our chickens barely cost anything and we get free eggs, and even my parents love my rabbits). Any idea on how to soften them up........?

Do you know if dogs would attack chickens, if the chickens were securely housed in a coop?

I'm more into rescuing animals. If I ever got a dog it would probably be from the shelter (like a pitbull or something). If I got a dog from a breeder though, I would want either an Australian Shepherd or a German Shepherd. I'm more into the large breed dogs.

I have dogs. they have never hurt my hens. depends on breed. some dogs like border collies don't care. Bird and gun dogs will try to catch them though.

Alrighty, so i have 3 dogs 2 buns and 12 chickens. They all get a long great, except my barred rocks like to beat up one of my dogs. XD I would get a puppy, so they can be around them and not really know that they will be stronger and be docile with your animals. Also, make sure your the leader of the house. This seems to make the dog calm down. I have a big mix breed (115lbs) who thought he was top dog when he arrived and tried to get at the chickens. We straightend him out real fast and now he doesnt go after them when theyre out. :) I hope my personal experiences could be spme help. Submissive dogs (probably) wont hurt your babies!

Back
Top Bottom