Doing a test...

Quote:
And what key nutrition are yours getting?

Hubby laughed when he watched them run, "runnin all bow legged".
lol.png

I feed 24% starter (non-medicated) mixed with 'fortified water'. I do not use the medicated feeds because I use probiotics added to their starter along with Boron and Colloidal minerals/vitamins.

To 'Fortify Water':

200mgs of Coenzyme Q10 liquid serum

2 tablets of Chelated Boron 3mg (total 6mg)(Boron Citrate, Boron Amino Acid Chelate and Boron Aspartate) Crushed Then dissolved in 8oz hot distilled water (140F to 180F)

3 Tablespoons Liquid Colloidal Minerals/vitamins

1 cup yogurt with probiotics (like activia) (I use home made yogurt that has added probiotics) Acidophilus milk will work also.

1 gallon room temperature DISTILLED water (always use distilled for longer shelf life)

Mix all above ingredients together making sure the boron is fully dissolved before add to blend.

Use above mixture at a 1 to 1 ratio (1 cup liquid to 1 cup starter) with the 24% starter (non-medicated) to make a mash. Only make enough mash that will be used that day. You can refrigerate the Fortified Water; it will remain stable for 30 days. Be sure to feed for 12 hrs and 12 hrs without feed with plenty of water. You will find they eat less.

The fist two days I add green food coloring to attract the chicks to it faster.

Chicks hydrate faster; probiotics prevent most intestinal diseases (especially the parasitic disease Coccidosis), pasty butts and expulsion of intestines thru vent.

The Boron reduces cholesterol in the meat and aid the growing chick to properly utilize calcium preventing crippling and low blood levels of calcium (which can lead to heart failure in seemly healthy chicks).

Coenzyme Q10 prevents heart attacks and gives them unbelievable energy. They will run and play, forge for food and won't lie down to eat and drink.

Have been using this for three years never had a crippled bird or one die of a heart attack. Raise 400 per year. At 4 week live weight is 4.5 to 5 lbs, at 8 week 11-12 lbs. Of the last 208 Cornish X chicks let 22 birds go to 14 week, average dressed weight was 17 lbs 3 oz. Very little fat on them. You’ll see a big difference in the size of the heart, liver and gizzard.

Those are some beautiful birds, I really appreciate you sharing with everyone your technique.

Thank you again for sharing your "secret recipe".
big_smile.png
I'll have to store it away on my computer for the day I get the opportunity to raise my own meaties.

Back
Top Bottom