Doing it Big

dborradori

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
Hi My name is Dante

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
This is our first flock. We chose to go big. We planned to buy 24, but ended up with thirty by the time we got home that day. Then went to get feed a couple of weeks later and got 4 more. Then a studen brought me 2 more because she could not keep Easter chicks.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We now have a grand total of 36 chickens and 3 ducks

(3) What breeds do you have?
Buff Orp
Black Aust
RIR
White Leg
Dominique
Barred Rock
Ameracauna
Plymouth
Crested Polish
BB Old English
Pekin
Blue Swedish

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
While Google search coop and run designs many of the really cool pictures came up and led me to the site.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I coach football and wrestling. I participate in endurance cycling events and triathlons. We are gardening and learning construction.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am teacher. I have been married to my wife for 15 years. We have three boys and 1 grandson. Along with our birds we also have 2 dogs. We are already looking at expanding our flock and garden. Eventually, we are looking to establish a farm to table restaurant.

Greetings from Kansas, Dante, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! You weren't kidding about going big! Looks like "chicken math" got ahold of you! You will be busy. If you are new to chickens you might spend some time reading in the Learning Center below. It will give you the ins and outs of poultry care and maintenance. Good luck to you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

Greetings from Kansas, Dante, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! You weren't kidding about going big! Looks like "chicken math" got ahold of you! You will be busy. If you are new to chickens you might spend some time reading in the Learning Center below. It will give you the ins and outs of poultry care and maintenance. Good luck to you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/
Went to school in Lindsborg Kansas, while living in MacPherson. Loved it!

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

WOW 36!! Your must be busy with all those peepers.

Best wishes on your future plans

Back
Top Bottom