Domestic ducks (I think) found in lake

When someone dumped 3 drakes down in our river I set up a dog x pen left one side open towards the water started feeding them right on the bank and over a week had them going all the way Into the pen so I was able to close the end and pick them up an bring them home. Just another option.

Great idea! We have a big dog crate in the family that I can borrow. Maybe won't fit them all comfortably but it doesn't hurt to try it out. I'll line the bottom with straw too so they can be warm. And who knows... they might be used to having a "house" and go right in :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I really appreciate it.

Ahhhh, ok. Yeah I missed that. But they are cheap enough. I do have plastic chicken wire too (we fostered baby chickens for a short time). I might be able to build a makeshift one. I figured they would fly right out of the top, but I haven't seen them actually fly yet.

Main thing is getting them use to going inside an eventually all the way to the back. That way when they do go into eat your right there to go in and pick them up. I have done it with Drakes at the river and a very large rooster that got dumped at our church. Patience is the key. I actually took one of my LF hens along for rooster bait. Worked like a charm ;)

Back
Top Bottom