Dominant white and dominant bered

jdankx

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
Guys I have been searching for answers to my questions but no luck... I really need help .I am preparing to hatch chicks and my main target is to get bered rock females and males even if I get different colors too..I want to use the bered rock chicks (male and female) I need bered leghorns..I previously did a cross of bered rock roo and red sex link hens and I got 50% bered Rocks (males and females) and 50% white ghost bered (males and females) which was perfect according to my expectations but the big problem is I NEED LEGHORN qualities so instead of red sex link hens can I use LEGHORN

If I cross white Leghorn roo and bered Rock hens wilI get the same result as my first hatch??
If not what breed over white Leghorn will give me 50% ghost white bered and 50% bered rocks.. doesn't matter if sex link or not just 50-50 please I need help

Crossing white Leghorn hens with barred Plymouth Rock males would give you paints with barring.
The other way around would give you sexlinks. Males would be paint with barring, females would be paint.

Crossing white Leghorn hens with barred Plymouth Rock males would give you paints with barring.
The other way around would give you sexlinks. Males would be paint with barring, females would be paint.
Thanks for the info ...anyone with idea of how I can make California gray..I did a research but couldn't find exactly how

Thanks for the info ...anyone with idea of how I can make California gray..I did a research but couldn't find exactly how
CA Grey is a breed, not a cross like "cinnamon queen" or the other names they come up for mutts. I ordered mine from strombergs which drop ships from Privett. Mine haven't started laying yet but they have the body type similar to a leghorn with barring that's not as clean as a barred rock. When they start laying they should lay white eggs.

Thanks floof, I know it's a breed but I found info that it was made by a professor using leghorn and bered rock..,I thought someone knew exactly how he did it. Leghorn rooster and bered rock hen or the opposite? I know also that one cross won't give the Califonia gray so after the first cross what breed should I cross the 2nd generation with?? I will really appreciate if anyone could help me on this ..thanks

Back
Top Bottom