Dominant White

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
Based on initial hatches, it looks like our Bresse are dominant white. I set a couple of Bresse pullets aside with a Black Silver Olive Egger rooster, the resulting chicks are white with a couple of random black spots. Nicely built, stacked little babies!

To get away from the mostly white, I'm assuming I'll need to breed back to the rooster?

It's a side project to see if I can get more of the Bresse bulk onto the frame the rooster has, he's nice and wide but heavier in the thigh. The cross was more to see what the structure would do more so than the feathers.

I have a 1/2 brother to the rooster who's Blue Barred, with the same body type. So I could either breed back to the Black Silver rooster or to the Blue Barred and really jumble things up.

This is the dad
oeb5.jpg

This is option 2 for the next generation
oebarred3.jpg

I'll likely get some other choices out of the chicks, there are some pretty chunky barred babies from the looks of the brooders.

Was wondering whether they were dominant or recessive white... little bit of a bummer. Dashed dreams of sex links... but still excited for my bresse to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom