Dominique chick: I know he/ she is too young, but any guesses?

TheOddOneOut

🌧️🌧️🌧️
Feb 15, 2020
OR
Ok, so Salt, my 2 and a half week old Dominique, has been looking like a rooster to me. He/she is the largest chick, has big feet, a biggish slightly pink comb, a has a large white head spot that bleeds down the neck. I know it’s too young too tell for sure, but any guesses are appreciated.
Here are some pics:
3D2415AB-E622-40BC-95C7-4DBFD9034AA6.jpeg
7E8E7699-07E8-4226-9C05-D4325EEF7DD0.jpeg
D82C0436-954A-4575-B3BD-BCF9A7174F7D.jpeg

Cockerel. Another way to sex is by the color of the feet. Females feet are dark. Heres and example. The female is the darker foot the male is the lighter foot.

Attachments

• 20200415_135257.jpg
    20200415_135257.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 7
Cockerel. Another way to sex is by the color of the feet. Females feet are dark. Heres and example. The female is the darker foot the male is the lighter foot.
*sigh* That's what I thought. Roosters are illegal here...I love him so much already. I'll have to find him a home somewhere...:hit:hit:hit

That’s so funny, I saw this post pop up and didn’t pay attention to the date, and was actually going to say girl...and you already did an update! Lol my barred rock girl had a large head spot and dark shading on her legs, and feathered color wise very similar to your Dominique, even though they’re different I know they have a lot of similarities.

That’s so funny, I saw this post pop up and didn’t pay attention to the date, and was actually going to say girl...and you already did an update! Lol my barred rock girl had a large head spot and dark shading on her legs, and feathered color wise very similar to your Dominique, even though they’re different I know they have a lot of similarities.
Lol! I'm so glad he is a she. Her eggs are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom