Dominique Thread!

@Faraday40
That picture just made my day! One time I walked outside eating a sandwich and our alpha roo did that same move -jumped straight up - and snatched it out of my hand!

@Faraday40
That picture just made my day! One time I walked outside eating a sandwich and our alpha roo did that same move -jumped straight up - and snatched it out of my hand!
I teach science camps in the backyard during the summer. The chickens usually stay clear of large groups of strangers but Tyrion (a fearless EE hen) is the exception. During our lunch break, some of the impulsive kids were throwing a few bread crusts to the chickens to lure them closer. One girl (who was obeying the Don't feed the animals rule) was quietly eating her sandwich at the picnic table. All of a sudden, Tyrion lands on her leg & rips into her sandwich from the opposite side. Tyrion kept eating as the little girl screamed in surprise. I suppose it must have been a really good sandwich! Of course the boys who were throwing the bread crusts were completely jealous. LOL

My Dominique baby roo, Dwayne "the rock" Johnson :) he was hatched around December 15th. I'm so in love with him!

Here's a strange pic I got today. I called the flock over using a piece of bread & got my pic in focus. All of a sudden, my Dom decides she doesn't want to pose & jumped for the bread instead. I got her just as she popped up off the ground. I like the shadow of her feet.
One of the coolest chicken pictures I've seen! Awesome shot!

Back
Top Bottom