dominique

lane_ross363

Hatching
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Hellos
Okay... So I want to get some dominiques. I want a breed which I can tame down and them all be lap chickens, and I want a hardy egg laying one, too. We live in my. View, Arkansas, so have hot summers and pretty cold winters... Eggs not *top* priority, but a bonus LOL. Ive had both barred rocks and one Dom and I didn't care for the br. I was completely enraptured with the Dom for the way she was so pretty and inquistive and the way she just carried herself LOL. She wasn't tame because I didn't even attempt it, but WILL tame the next ones down. I was planning on ordering 12-15 pul and three roos from cackle. What's your experiences with cackle? Are theyre doms true to type? Personality? Broodiness(I hope they'll be broody). They'll be in a medium pen as the Akita has 'loved to-death'two pea-hens
sad.png
. I prefer purebreeds and I love the history behind them, too. What do u guys think?

oh, and I've read acommentor two of their vigor and hardiness... Are they pretty disease resistant and vigorous? How well do they fly?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
smile.png
!!!

You will be plesed with Doms. Maybe not all will be lap chickens but, most should be. They are not as good of layers as barred rocks but, you said this was not top priority. They are very friendly birds and they do carry themselves very well. I have bantam doms and we love them. They are very disease resistant and winter hardy, overall healthy birds. Idon't think you can't go wrong with Doms.

Back
Top Bottom