Dominiques - any pics of chicks/teens/full grown to share?

jtbrown

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
I plan to add this breed to round out my first flock by next spring, if you could share pics, stories, or temperament with me that would be great. I like their look! Curious to know more. So show me your flock!

Ooh! I'll have to post pics of my dominique!
big_smile.png
We had one in the past who was nice, came running when you called, and beautiful, but sadly she died from what we think was egg binding.
sad.png
Now I have a six week old dominique pullet who is a little scittish since she's new, but that will probably change quick.
big_smile.png
I'll post pics soon of both.

I found a guy on eBay from KY that sells Dominique eggs, they are listed now, I was thinking of buying an incubator this winter and maybe hatching some. ( of course I wouldn't buy them now, I'd wait). Anyone ever used his eggs, positive reviews are on the site.

day old chicks:

36723_dscf8025.jpg

young cockerel:

36723_img_3772.jpg

teens:

36723_img_1062.jpg

rooster:

36723_img_2273.jpg

hen:

36723_img_2797.jpg

You should definitely add some to your flock. I just love this breed.

Here are a couple of our 6 week old Dominique hens. They are sweet and friendly and beg to be held! This is Augusta and Prudence

94849_100_3745.jpg

The chick in the picture is a barred rock, which has a single comb. Dominiques have rose combs. He's pretty anyway though and you should be happy to have a rock!
big_smile.png
Oh,
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom