Dominiques

So odd to read back over this. Jo did indeed become Joe and he was my all time favorite roo. Unfortunately, he was lost to the foxes but he fought a good fight. Since these beginning posts I had a few different breeds and had up to about 30 different chickens. After the biggest Fox invasion I gave a few survivors away and even went one winter with no chickens. I have only 2 now. We had doubled the coop during the second year so now I am looking for more chickens. I'm starting compost in the run and excited to get more birds. This is such an old thread I'm not sure if anyone will respond, but I'm writing, anyways.

I do have two questions
1) I doubt if I am going to find Dominiques....are there any particular breeds you would suggest being mixed together. Especially banties....I would maybe like a silkie or two or maybe a different small breed but will they live well with regular size chickens? Or get picked on?
2) There once was a list on here of different breeds pictures and descriptions....is it gone or am I just not able to find it

I do have two questions
1) I doubt if I am going to find Dominiques....are there any particular breeds you would suggest being mixed together. Especially banties....I would maybe like a silkie or two or maybe a different small breed but will they live well with regular size chickens? Or get picked on?
2) There once was a list on here of different breeds pictures and descriptions....is it gone or am I just not able to find it
You can order sexed Dominiques from Meyer Hatchery and other reputable hatcheries.
I introduced bantams into my flock by putting hatching eggs under a broody and letting her integrate them into the flock. They have no trouble being with full sized chickens.

You can order sexed Dominiques from Meyer Hatchery and other reputable hatcheries.
I introduced bantams into my flock by putting hatching eggs under a broody and letting her integrate them into the flock. They have no trouble being with full sized chickens.
I wonder if I can order eggs from some one (after I find a hen to hatch them)..I am not sure I want to raise them in the house. But thank you, I had not thought about that!
I did have both sizes of chickens in the past, but I had separate runs at that time.

Back
Top Bottom