Don’t like egg taste?

Hi everyone! Maybe I’m strange, but our chickens just started laying eggs last week and I don’t like how the eggs taste. They are just too eggy. I have tried eating a fried egg on avocado toast and making deviled eggs and didn’t finish either one because of the eggy taste. I know I am probably ruined because of store-bought eggs, but I really want to like my chickens eggs. Do you all have any tips on how I can get used to them? Thanks!
I noticed, years ago when my girls started laying, that if they were finishing their chick starter food, their eggs tasted funny to me. It was medicated food so I don't know if that was it. But as soon as they got on layer or all flock food, the eggs tasted better

Taste is an acquired thing. Our brains glom onto a certain taste as being the "authorized version" and when we eat a slightly different version of the taste, it seems unnatural. By continuing to eat the thing with the newer version of the taste, we reprogram out brains to accept it as the default taste. In other words, give your superior farm fresh eggs a little more time, and your brain will learn to love them.
Well said. I can say that this truly works. I have several several food intolerances, some including dairy, eggs, peanuts, and many many many more. Well for example I use almond butter now instead of peanut butter, but at first I hated almond butter. Like hated it so much I would almost gag, but after years and years of eating it when I make certain recipes and on homemade safe waffles etc, I love it now. I honestly no longer like the taste of peanut butter. To me it is extremely rich and just yucky anymore. Good luck with the eggs. If you find you are not able to enjoy them, you could try baking with them, or selling them. I sell a lot of our chicken eggs and keep the duck eggs for our family (since no one will buy duck eggs) and my chickens almost pay for themselves. EVERYONE around here wants farm fresh eggs. I don’t have even close to enough to make everyone happy!

Back
Top Bottom