Donald and Daisy enjoying the Pool

Very cute. Is this a pool you use in summer or just for your ducks? Just curious. I've always wondered if they would make a "people pool" too yucky with just a couple of ducks.

Very cute. Is this a pool you use in summer or just for your ducks? Just curious. I've always wondered if they would make a "people pool" too yucky with just a couple of ducks.
It's our pool. It needs a good cleaning for summer. In the summer I have one of those crawler things and it takes care of any droppings and add a little more algae stop to it. They really seem to use it more on the cooler days than in the heat.
idunno.gif
. They jump in and out and forage thru the yard. They are not loose all day and night. They stay penned in the goat area when I'm at work and at night. Its really funny to watch them. They will dive to the bottom and swim across and pop up and stand tall and make a funny noise in water.

It's our pool. It needs a good cleaning for summer. In the summer I have one of those crawler things and it takes care of any droppings and add a little more algae stop to it. They really seem to use it more on the cooler days than in the heat.
idunno.gif
. They jump in and out and forage thru the yard. They are not loose all day and night. They stay penned in the goat area when I'm at work and at night. Its really funny to watch them. They will dive to the bottom and swim across and pop up and stand tall and make a funny noise in water.
That sounds cute! If you can, post some videos of your ducks sharing the pool with you!

I only have one duck, but last summer, I used to bring her over to my parents' house to swim in their pool with us. Sure, she'd poop in it, but it would dissipate almost immediately and the filter plus chlorine did a good job of keeping it sanitary. As long as the ducks don't have unlimited access to the pool and can only swim in it when you allow them to, I doubt there would be any sanitation issues, or health issues to the ducks because of chlorine, for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom