Donated Chicks...What are we?

FarmGirl21

Songster
11 Years
Sep 16, 2008
WA
We got a bunch of chicks donated from the local Dels feed stores for this "Easter Eggstravaganza", charity thing we did on Saturday. I didn't see when they put them in the carries so i have no clue what breeds they are, any ideas?

2 peachy brown
2 reddish brown with darker colors on the wing (RIR i think)
4 or so solid black

100_2014.JPG

100_2015.JPG

Reds... Production reds
Buff Orpingtons.

The blacks are either Sex links or Australorps. They look like my Black Sex link

Thank you
big_smile.png

i don't care for the look of the black sex links so i think i might get rid of those ones & keep everyone else.

Really, i don't need anymore chickens at all! I have a super sweet red sex link hen, probably one of my favorite besides the cochins...the leghorns aren't too nice though, but at least they're cute
smile.png

Here's our black sex link at about 3 weeks. NOT a pretty bird... LOL So I can see not liking the looks of them. It gets worse before it gets better...

21411_img_0733.jpg

We had bad luck with the black sex links we had before, we had 3 and they all died before they were 4 months old, they weren't sick or anything, i'm not sure what happened. They got moved outside and had the same treatment, food, housing and everything as the other chickens we had...i never figured it out
sad.png
....i'll probably just replace them with a couple others of a different breed.

YAY!!! red sex links, that's great! my girl finally started laying and i get 1 meduim/dark egg a day from her, and sooo sweet!

Back
Top Bottom