Donkey.... Pictures added

This is Don Kee :

P1140279.jpg

P1140323.jpg

P1140318.jpg

We have a lot of training work to do, but he seems willing. He is about 1 to 1 1/2 years old. Think he might grow much more? He looks almost 12 h now......He's kinda homely but cute.

Last edited:
How cute! I have always wanted a donkey (mini donk, or a mammoth to ride!) but my dad would never let me. He doesn't believe you can ride them like horses!

I love donkeys though. I think they are very neat animals!

oh my your new donkey is sooo cute! i have 2 and love them. they definately think differently than my horses do-not as reactive- and more likely to think something over before instinctually acting out. as others mentioned before, be so careful of what you feed them because they do put on weight easily-my two came from another owner who fed them too much and they'll be stuck with ugly cresty necks forever. my two fellows(a small standard- one inch over mini donk size spotted jack and a dapple grey mid-sized standard gelding) are great and i just enjoy working with them and being around them so much. training them to drive was easy, and i can ride the large standard too-don't now what they were trained for prior if anything. both of mine do seem to have "harder" mouths than the horses do which is my only complaint/issue that i've been working on. otherwise, have a great fun time with don kee-he will surely entertain you with his donkey antics once he settles in. good luck!

Thanks Crazedguinea. I know horses pretty well, but have a lot to learn about donkeys.

Congrats Roosters! You gotta post pics! Did you get them from the lady I know?

He is beautiful,

he looks very cute, good luck with him.

I am in trouble today, 2 things I want most in the world are donkeys and goats and plenty of them on here today.
I will go have a rest now and contemplate how to get them soon.

Thanks for the pics he is really nice.

Jena.

Back
Top Bottom