Don't buy a big screen tv - Product Reccommendation

DawnSuiter

Songster
12 Years
Jun 3, 2008
Western Colorado - Formerly E. TN Smokies
My Coop
My Coop
I just wanted you all to know, that last year after borrowing one, we purchased a digital projector. A BenQ model to be exact, a cheap LED one.. 2200 Lumens and around $350.

IT IS THE SINGLE MOST AWESOME PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE IN MY LIFETIME!!!!
People are always coming over asking us about it, they can't believe after spending thousands on flat screens & the like how TOTALLY AWESOME IT IS TO HAVE A MOVIE THEATER IN YOUR HOME!!! They always regret buying their TVs afterwards... heck I could've bought a projector in every room compared to the price of one little crappy flat screen!!!

It's cheap, really... can't even find a decent regular TV for that price anymore... but our picture is 6' tall and 8' wide or so... (I made it from two white bed sheets & a curtain rod) and is AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!

We have used it for 2512 hours and loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of it!!!

So... if you haven't already...save your money & buy a digital projector!!! 2200 lumens though, not the 1800. You see.. we can turn it to face out the window & project movies & TV outside.. hooks right up to the satellite or the dvd/vcr player AND MY COMPUTER!!!

DO YOU KNOW HOW AWESOME IT IS TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES THAT ARE 6' tall???

You will... go buy a projector!

Last edited:
Thats interesting! I know my hubby wants a big screen t.v. I'll mention this to him. He may just love it! thanks for the idea.
thumbsup.gif

Yep.. I have mine plugged into the satellite, dvd & vcr.
It has a place for all of them... this is a DIGITAL projector, so yeah.. all the bells & whistles... including a port for my computer too! BYC is awesome when it's 6' tall too!

It even has a remote control so you could mount it up high & out of the way.

I can't rave enough... I've had one for 2 years now, and love love love them! The BenQ is only a year old... I had an expensive "business" one before that on loan... they are no different to me. 2200 lumens is the key.. nice & bright.

In the summer when the trees are full we can project right onto them! It's so cool! Or drop a sheet on one of the coops and point it out the window! Nothing better than a fire, the family, some marshmellows & a movie under the stars.

Last edited:
Is it considered high definition? That's my husband's key selling point. We have a high def satellite receiver and subscription and he's starting to hint strongly that his 47" projection TV's technology just can't play things sharp enough anymore. Engineers.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom