Don't Dismiss This Post!!!!!!!

Allright so I have encountered a problem. I have begun to gather supplies and I can't find one of the 55 gallon drums. I don't want to buy one cause they cost so much and it would be easier to pick one up for cheap. Is there a chain store that uses them and then gets rid of them or sells them for really cheap. It would really help.

We've got a similar set-up. Still new to it all but it seems to be working well.
smile.png

Here we go

http://www.rainreserve.com/locate.php

I believe there is a 'barrel locator' where you type your zip--and it tells you restaurants etc. in the area where you can get barrels.

Last year Iwas researching this. That website has the nicest example of rainwater collection systems--I believe their product is a diverter. I think I will go play it--because I have forgotten exactly what rain sounds like.
We are in extreme drought with 104-degrees today.

good luck finding a barrel

Quote:
My god, that would cost a small fortune!!!!

lol.png
I asked because I have a bottle that isn't being used for anything. I bought it a while ago, so I wasn't thinking about the price
lol.png
just thinking about ways to use it up.

Last edited:
I wonder if the fish pond algaecide is safe for chickens...??
Also, if you think mosquitoes can get into the water, you can use spalding-labs.com mosquito tabs, they are safe even for human water for drinking! Unlike the ones at stores!
Keeping the water in the shade/minimal sun, algae will be slower to grow.
You can also collect the water from your house into other barrels. So when there is a drought, you can use the house water.

Back
Top Bottom