Dont have baby duck food, what can I feed my ducklings? *pictures**

Quote:
They hatched a few days early, and I couldnt get to town until today, and I couldnt cash my check until today. With Banks being closed on sundays...

Okay, got the little guys food, I mixed it in with their peas so it was soft for them.
And I mixed gatorade in with their water, for electrolytes. They are doing very well!

Now waiting for the others to hatch... currently have 2 pips.. peeping, and other eggs shaking!

Im so impatient.
smile.png

Hi sorry Im slightly behind but this happened to me the other day so I thought I'd weigh in too in case you still needed help. I ran out of feed on Sat night and all of the stores around were closed or were out of starter on sunday so I took a food processor and combined some corn meal, rolled oats, a tiny bit of dog food, two huuge handfuls of greens ( I used dandelions from the yard but cabbage lettuce etc shoud work) and a little bit of water so it wasnt so dusty. I kept it in the fridge between feedings and the little ducklings loved it! Good luck with your food preparations!

Quote:
You won't get bashed by me......the old time medications they used in chick feed could hurt ducks, but it's a falsehood that just won't die that the amprolium will hurt them.

It was only a few months ago that I lost all my ducklings after feeding medicated starter. I switched to unmedicated for my next batch and didn't lose one
caf.gif

Thanks for the input everyone
smile.png

My ducklings are happy in there temporary broader till their brothers && sisters hatch
smile.png

Quote:
You won't get bashed by me......the old time medications they used in chick feed could hurt ducks, but it's a falsehood that just won't die that the amprolium will hurt them.

It was only a few months ago that I lost all my ducklings after feeding medicated starter. I switched to unmedicated for my next batch and didn't lose one
caf.gif

I've raised my call ducklings on medicated for years and never had any problems with it.

I have no idea on the nutritional values of a potato, but you could try a mashed potato ( hand mashed, and just the potato), that would certainly give enough starch and carbohydrates. Maybe that, some peas, and copped hard-boiled egg?

Quote:

caf.gif

My pekins and muscovies are on it right now. The pekins are 7 weeks old and the musscovies 1 week. Both sets are doing great without a single loss. I'll have to check what medication is in the feed here.

Last edited:
journey's end :

Quote:
caf.gif

My pekins and muscovies are on it right now. The pekins are 7 weeks old and the musscovies 1 week. Both sets are doing great without a single loss. I'll have to check what medication is in the feed here.​

My 2 have been on medicated chick feed for nearly 10 wks and are fine

Back
Top Bottom