Don't know if week old chicks are vaccinated for Mareks

TheMonroeChicks

Chirping
Aug 28, 2017
SoCal
Hello all, I bought 2, week old babies yesterday. When I asked if they were vaccinated for Mareks, they didn't know, but said they'd never had problems. Any advice on what I should do?
TIA

where abouts in county where do you live, most of us or allot of us do not vaccinate are your others vaccinated ? do you have other birds or have had one with mareks?

If the seller can't tell you, or 'doesn't know', assume that they weren't vaccinated against Marek's disease. That's fine, as long as you don't have Marek's disease in your flock at home. As a new chicken owner, with a new environment and new equipment, it won't be an issue. Just enjoy your new babies!
If Marek's disease hits your flock, your unvaccinated birds will likely get sick first, so you will know what's going on. Mary

If the seller can't tell you, or 'doesn't know', assume that they weren't vaccinated against Marek's disease. That's fine, as long as you don't have Marek's disease in your flock at home. As a new chicken owner, with a new environment and new equipment, it won't be an issue. Just enjoy your new babies!
If Marek's disease hits your flock, your unvaccinated birds will likely get sick first, so you will know what's going on. Mary

Thank you so much Mary!!

Back
Top Bottom