Don't know what's wrong...

ChickenGeek_101

Songster
Dec 7, 2017
So its 4th of July, I'm out for the day with my family.
I came home about 2 hours ago. I went to check on the chickens shortly after, and found my 4 month old Light Brahma pullet laying in a corner. I stood her up, but she just fell over.
So I immediately brought her in the house and checked her out. I set her on the floor and then she started shaking her head back and forth. I gave her some water (through oral syringe) and tried getting her to eat something. She perked up a little bit but I'm still concerned.

I don't know what is wrong. She was perfectly fine this morning before I left.

Any suggestions as to what is going on or help as far as what I can do for her will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!

It's really hard to guess, she could have gotten into something or freaked out with the fireworks? She's 4months, assuming she's not laying yet, any other symptoms? I'd keep a close eye on her and if no change in the morning, post a picture of her and any other symptoms. Check her crop, is it full in the evening? Empty in the morning? Has she pooped? Any other new birds added recently?

It's really hard to guess, she could have gotten into something or freaked out with the fireworks? She's 4months, assuming she's not laying yet, any other symptoms? I'd keep a close eye on her and if no change in the morning, post a picture of her and any other symptoms. Check her crop, is it full in the evening? Empty in the morning? Has she pooped? Any other new birds added recently?
It's usually full in the evening, but it wasn't tonight, she has pooped a little bit, and no new birds added in almost 3 months. I don't think she could have gotten into anything.

I have her in a flock of about 50 chickens (most are the same age as her) plus 3 ducks.

It could be she's been in that corner all day, not getting to food.
Is she able to stand on her own?
What are you feeding her? If she's not eating her feed, try some scrambled eggs or boiled egg yolk, tuna, dry cat food moistened in water, even her feed moisten in water.
What did her poop look like, picture would help.

4 month old Light Brahma pullet laying in a corner. I stood her up, but she just fell over.
So I immediately brought her in the house and checked her out. I set her on the floor and then she started shaking her head back and forth. I gave her some water (through oral syringe) and tried getting her to eat something. She perked up a little bit but I'm still concerned.
How is she doing today?
Photos of her and her poop?
Can she walk now or is she still struggling?

How is she doing today?
Photos of her and her poop?
Can she walk now or is she still struggling?

She passed a little bit ago. :hit:hit:hit

I was thinking about it through the night, it could be the feed. I wasn't having any problems with my flock until I started getting it at my local Co-op, I was getting it from Tsc but then decided to go with the co-op.

Back
Top Bottom