Don't like the taste

Could it be possible that they were small eggs, or the first of the laying cycle? My dad didnt like the taste of the first few but it improved after a few days. He said it tasted like the feed. I wonder how he know what the feed tastes like??
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

I think a lot of it is psychological, too. Some people just have weird objections to "farm" eggs -- as if the battery hen eggs from the grocery store are somehow more clean and pure (not!).

I fed my sister many, many duck eggs last year. Had I let her KNOW they were duck eggs, she would have told me they were "too strong." Not knowing, she was happy as a clam.

My dad was diagnosed with type II diabetes in his 50's. He spent the last 20 years of his life eating a lot of sugar free products like Jello, puddings, etc. My mother just made sure to keep the boxes and labels hidden from him. He always said he wouldn't eat that "bitter sugar free stuff." Little did he know.

I think this psychological effect is part of it.

Quote:
I once bought eggs from Walmart (before I got chickens) and the shells were so coarse you could've sanded wood with them. It was the first and only time I bought eggs from Wal Mart. If it's cheaper at Wal Mart it's because it's made with cheaper parts. I don't have time to explain but don't buy anything you aren't willing to replace often.

As for the psch... thing I believe your right. Old people just don't want to admit it and change. I don't want to become one of those people.

Now DW has a co- worker whose DH suffers with soriisics or ekzima , can't spell it but you know what I mean? Anyhow he eats organic eggs and other stuff I guess, cuz they reduce his symptoms. $4 a doz. Now he buys mine for 2 and they seem to be just fine. Of course I don't add a bunch of junk either. Pasture fed chickens instinctively know what to eat to balance the diet IMO.

My SIL won't eat our eggs.She's afraid she will get salmonella from them so she only gets hers at the store We know those eggs never have anything like that now don't we
lau.gif
lau.gif
I always hated eggs and now my husband just laughs as I'm gobbling them up

My kids refuse to eat egg from my hens. I just cook and feed them without telling them. They don't complain about the taste so I am keeping doing it.

Quote:
Send her a picture of an egg farm... when she sees where store eggs come from... all those chickens piled on top of each other ... you can explain how unhealthy it is and that that is where salmonella is more likely to come from... more so then a nice clean back yard chicken coop... I have converted a few family members that way...especially since the recent outbreaks.
cool.png

My young nieces didn't know they were drinking fresh whole goat's milk at my place - if I'd told them, they wouldn't have touched it!

They were impressed with the eggs, though: "Did you put cheese in my scrambled eggs?"

Back
Top Bottom