Don't look if you're squeamish - Bizarre egg with...chick formation??

Or his Uncle Bert bert.jpg

Just used Paint. I am not much of an artist, but I could not resist! LOL Thanks for sharing that image with us! I have never had one that looked anything like that.

I think I am going to go make myself a tequila sunrise and try to forget all about this horrific experience...I'm scared to go open the nesting boxes now.

I think I am going to go make myself a tequila sunrise and try to forget all about this horrific experience...I'm scared to go open the nesting boxes now.
no No..don't worry.
You will probably never see this again.
actually seeing this in person is very cool!
Thanks for sharing!

Today I approached the nesting boxes, blood pounding in my ears, sweat breaking out across my forehead, knees wobbling...and...found...that she had laid a perfectly normal egg! WHEW!! =)

Very cool! That's the first egg I've seen that looks like that. Seen shell-less eggs, just membrane, but never a shelled egg inside a membrane.
It is an odd one.
I'll bet the fully shelled egg backed up, got a bit of membrane then went back the correct route, just like when you get a shelled egg within a shelled egg... but not quite.

ETA..think this is the weird egg thread.... https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/weird-or-odd-eggs-pics.697007/
new search function is weird...haha!

Back
Top Bottom