Don't sick and/or get accident if you don't have money

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulia24

Songster
10 Years
Aug 9, 2009
Country of Power Failure
Hi, I just want to share my feeling about medical treatment in this country.

Just read a news about a victim of traffic accident being left outside of hospital for 12 hours just because she got confused when the hospital staff ask her whether she has money or not.
he.gif
What the .... is going in this country. Are these people don't have humanity or what, they give priority one to those who have money..
somad.gif

Honestly, this is not a special kind of thing we got in this country. Lots of poor people already lack of hospital and medical treatment just because they don't have money enough to pay for medic. Gov. already start to give such insurance to the poor by using country's budget to pay off their medical bill but that's just not enough. Many hospital and medical institution give bad attention to those take medical treatment using gov. insurance. Seems like they prefer cash than the need to claim back the cost to gov.
he.gif
Not just it, lots of people in middle range of wealth, well, I mean not in poor and not in rich part run in debt when they sick. This is because they don't have such social protection, so they need to pay expensive cost when they got sick and finally run in deep debt.
sad.png

I wonder gov. can give their citizen protection against expensive medical bill for the poor and the middle range of wealth especially and for all the citizen generally (maybe I got daydreaming now
roll.png
) and off course, WASH the mind of medical staff to make them not only prioritizing the rich in medical treatment and ask victim of accident or people who want to get medical treatment with their MAGIC question, "do you have any money?".
rant.gif

Just confuse, how to get good medical treatment at low cost.
roll.png

America is not behind the rest of the world on things like this. Start researching ALL the other countries and you will find they are much worse off than America. 50 years ago people did not expect the govt to provide their healthcare. They had plenty of issues and they dealt with it in other ways. I for one am sick and tired of people falling for this nanny state mentality. I know Canadians who come here for treatment. I know Europeans who will tell you that the care there is NOT all that and a bag of chips and it is bleeding their countries dry. We are a VERY rich nation, as in most of us have things that most of the world only dream about. Do people understand what "poverty" means in America? Poverty in America is still a 3 bedroom house, at least one car, food on the table everyday, air conditioning and free education.

In any catholic hospital you go to they will treat you free of charge, on their private donated funds..not the govt. When my son had to have a bar put in his chest, Shriners covered everything, for free - due to the donations from thousands of private people across this nation.

I have read many articles that were written to twist all the facts to get people to believe something different than what really happened....why....to get people to fall for this crap.

While I am not saying this did not happen as they claim..I DO NOT WANT GOVT RAN HEALTHCARE WHEN THE GOVT CANNOT EVEN GET THE USPS RIGHT, MEDICARE RIGHT, SS RIGHT, IRS right... or anything else it does AND I AM ONE OF THE ONES THAT WOULD QUALIFY FOR IT!

As Benjamin Franklin said...Those that would give up their liberty for a little security, DESERVE NEITHER!

Quote:
Depends on what articles you read and which flavor Kool Aid you like. I go by what members on this forum have said about the care in their country. I've never heard anyone on this forum that actually lives in England, Germany, Sweden or Canada say they would prefer our system. You did do a great job of repeating all of the right wing pundit talking points though. Everyone has a right to believe what they want.

I stated we are behind the civilized world in our health care system. We are indeed very behind. Hopefully our politicians will start caring more about the country than the money the insurance companies give to them. We are a very rich country and we are being drained dry by medical cost. We have millions of people that are in desperate need of medical care and no way to get it. They go to emergency rooms for care that could be given in a clinic for much less. The emergency room can't turn you away though. The clinics can since they are privately run.

At any rate the argument is like beating a dead horse. So why bother. We will have national health care eventually. It's the only viable solution for the problem.

Welcome to America. Just don't get sick unless you are wealthy or have good insurance coverage.

I do like your definition of poverty in America. You really should get out more.
cool.png

Nah. They're entitled to their opinion. It's a hot topic with a lot of misinformation being spread about by the insurance lobby. The American population is easy to mislead.

Umm. Mulia is from India. I was responding to a post after yours that got removed. Right on target on "poverty in America."

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah I thought better of leaving that comment and decided to see where this went. I was wondering if everyone realized the OP is in India.

Removing ones own posts is a MAJOR benefit to the PPM!

Last edited:
That's awful Mulia. In most areas of the United States, it is required by law that they can't turn you away from emergency care. However, they can turn you away from non-emergency or preventative treatment. So, they'll treat you for a diabetic coma and bill you later for it, but they won't help you with your insulin supplies unless you have money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom