Don't sick and/or get accident if you don't have money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Sorry. Didn't mean to be snippy. I'm going to bow out because it's been debated before and always goes round in circles with a lot of arguing. As usual I don't know what the solution is. I just know there's a problem. So I'll take my low info rear end elsewhere. Maybe the flatulence thread. i'm real knowledgeable about that.
smile.png

India should have plenty of $$$ now that all the american job's are now being outsourced there, They have never been known for their outstanding medical care as a country. How much aid $$ do we give India again ???, I'll bet it's a boatload.

Quote:
They have nukes. Best to stay friendly with countries that have nuclear capability. Look how much we spent on the cold war. A lot more than the aid we send to India. Yes they do get money from jobs we used to do. problem is that they have 10 people sharing the salary of one persons salary here. Yes they are doing much better now. I believe India still has a caste system though.

Hang on, wait a minute, I'm not from India. If I'm from India, then my English would be much better..

Well, I don't think it's safe to tell my country..
hide.gif
the certain is I live in Asia continent.
big_smile.png

I've read lots of reply, I realized that people in US "seem" to get the same problem like people in my country.

No, I didn't mean this thread to be about insurance lobby thing. Since I'm not a politician, I'm just a common citizen that stressed with seeing medical staff asking about your money first when you enter the hospital. I do hope none of us bring this thing to political issue.

I just wondering.. with that huge tax gov. take from us every year.. how can they didn't even provide their citizen with good healthcare?

Especially in here, many gov. officer got their stomach "move forward" several inch by stealing our taxes.
barnie.gif

Honestly, this is going to be complicated when talking about how gov. spend our taxes.

Hopefully, no one bring this to become political issue, since the purpose of I'm writing my "opinion" is to share what I see, what I heard, what I feel in my country. Not to bring it to political debate that won't last.
roll.png

It's sad that many jobs could open up if potential retirees didn't have to keep on working JUST to have insurance! And since it's all based on profit, many insurance's first response to a large claim is to deny....we had it happen to us and I know several others who had it happen to them! It's so important for us to take good care of ourselves and those we love. Raising chickens is one important step in doing that!

I may be wrong but the country in question is in Indonesia and is a largely Malay/Muslim nation. I do not know much about it's government but if it is heavily Muslim it is safe to say Human Rights is not a priority compared to the U.S. so I really doubt any comparison to our countries medical system is even close relating to treatments.

India's doctors come here.

I am not sure where you read that the U.S. does not have healthcare. The problem here is not getting treatment it is paying for it. Nobody is turned away from medical treatment, you may not get the specific kind you want but you will get basic care. The problem here is we are a free market society and hospitals try to operate under that system and provide quality care. Some think it is a right and are entitled to it at anothers expense. That is where the debate is. The only way to keep politics out is to keep the government out of healthcare. Not trying to really bring politics into this either just saying it is tough not to given the whole picture. The countries that are worse off financially with equall care that have socialized care are not doing well at all.
Quote:

What annoys me is when a doctor will perform surgery on you when you were injured. Like in car accident got knocked out they rush you to hospital perform on you save your life then you sue because you didn't asked to be saved and now you don't want to pay the bills.

Get this:

Mom stepped on a nail this week. She HATES western medicine so never has been to see her doc assigned about 4 years ago. But she thought it had been at least 30 years since a tetanus shot so getting one might be a good thing considering this was a really rusty nail in an old garage that had rats and other critters.

2x urgent cares did not want to see her, one cause my dad was assigned to them, but she was not. The other said she needed to go to her doc cause it was not after 5pm

So off we went to find her doc. While the office manager called her provider (she is 87 so they are via medicare) we got to fill out forms about her sex life etc. Kind of funny considering her vision on fine fonts is not so good and her hearing is a bit off so I got to read the questions out LOUD. Meanwhile the office manager is busy on the phone, trying to figure out where to send her because the tetanus shot is now combined with other immunizations like whooping cough so it is not a medical shot but a prescription/routine shot.

An hour later, the office manager arguing the whole time about where she could send my mom because if they gave her the shot they would not get paid (note they never offered to give her the shot and have her pay) she gave me a post it note with the codes to call in and get a prescription. I called and the rep laughed and said, they office just needs to write it up.

And then we could find a pharmacy that would give her the shot and she can send in for reimbursement.

#1 If she was to get tetanus, it is going to cost medicare a WHOLE lot more than the cost of just the shot for tetanus.

#2 Had the office manager have the doc see her and give her the shot with out getting reimbursed, they still would have gotten an office visit fee. Instead, the office manager wasted a paid hour trying to figure out how not to help her.

After an afternoon trying to find a place to get this $51 shot (cause it is bundled with other vaccines) she decided she had had enough and was not going to get a tetanus shot

Oh, and she wants a different doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom