DONT splash the duck!!!

mickeymousears

Songster
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
SLO; CA
Question: why is it that any standing water in the yard- no matter how small - my ducks will seak out and destroy yet when I squirt them with the hose or splash them in the pool they are incredibly offended and run away as if I've pepper sprayed them????

That's hilarous!
Most of my ducks love the water hose, but you're right, some of them do act offended. That's a good way to put it.
smile.png

I've often wondered the same thing. Or why they'll happily stand out in a storm but don't like the hose. Or why they love to eat food out of their pool but don't really care to swim in it. Weirdos!

I also wonder why... mine hate it when I point the hose anywhere near them, let alone spraying it! They love the water usually, and go out during the rain... it's just the hose they are terrified of! Glad I'm not the only one who has this happening!

Mine actually like the hose if its on the ground or if I hold it in one spot. They LOVE it if I hold it over the pool like a water fall- they stuck their heads in the bubbles and bite the hose water. But the second I get their backs or head with it the game is over- I ruined it! Or if they are swiming ill come to the pool and splash them- they HAtE that! Doesn't matter if they were just splashing eachother or even swiming underwater -so its not like they're trying to keep their hair dry (like me at the pool). They give me "the look" and huddle at the far end of the pool -like that's OUR game and we didn't invite you!! Snobs!

My hose runs from the hot and cold water spout, they still hate it. Although when one of them was attacked by my dog and had to be kept inside away from flies it loved to take showers.

My duck ADORE the hose, and will run to the same spot in the yard every time I let them out just waiting for us to turn the sprinkler on!!

They also love their pool.

cool.png

The runner especically, aren't runners NOT supposed to like to swim?!

Back
Top Bottom