Don't think I Will Buy Shipped Eggs Again

I recently bought my first online egg purchase. I candled today and 10 of 12 have live chicks. The seller bubble wrapped and did an excellent packing job. I am currently bidding on another batch of eggs from this seller. Btw, it was a variety of BR, SS, RIR, and BO. I think it has alot to do with fertility, packing and luck. Sry for your experience

You have a point.
lol.png

Quote:
No incubator at any price can make a chick out of scrambled eggs.

last year the bcm eggs i order noy a one hatch under my silkies hen and this year not a single lav orp eggs i order from a woman from tx hatch they got caught iver the weekend holiday labor day it look like all the air sace broken as it turn into liquor u could shake

I know how you feel. I had a bad experience with shipped eggs I paid $120.00 for one dozen and I had one chick hatch. A beautiful girl! I was so thankful of that! I realized when I bought these eggs there was no gaurantee they would hatch. I did let the shipper know how many hatched (one)
I didn't even ask for a replacement just wanted them to know I had a bad hatch (thought they would want to know) They were immediately on the defense, they were down right rude to me. Which leads me to believe they must of had other people saying the same thing! Bad hatch! I have bought shipped eggs many times and have had wonderful results. It doesn't matter if they are shipped to you close by or all the way acrossed the U.S. There are a few factors when it comes to shipped eggs. For one it could be the shipper just in a hurry and trying to get there money and the hens are not really ready for high fertility, hens too young and eggs way too small. And of course the Post Office. I've worked in the shipping business, UPS, I know how packages are handled. If a employee is in a bad mood and the box say "fragile fresh eggs" I guarantee that box will get more punishment. I've seen it with my own eyes. It was even talked about among the other employees what really happens to those "fragile" packages. This was many years ago and not to many cameras like there is today. I've been told eyes are watching so its better today. When I ship eggs I never put "fragile or fresh eggs" Some times no matter how well you package the eggs. Shock alone from being dropped 3 feet (3 feet is what they tell you all packages have to withstand because they go down on conveyer belts in sorting) Also a factor is how the eggs are packed. A lot of people use newspaper wrinkled up. The post office will tell you that is not considerd proper packing material. Paper doesn't absorb the shock from a 3 foot drop. So don't use wrinkled up paper. A package will not even be insured if you use wrinkle paper on fragile items. I know because I use to pay the claims for damaged items. I had to be the person to tell the customer even though you purchased insurance and your item was damaged. We wouldn't pay the insurance claims if the items are not properly packed.
You need to read the fine print and learn what is consider proper packing material. I could go on forever on this subject because I lived it for so many years! Sorry if I got carried away. I still buy shipped eggs It's a gamble! Sometimes you win sometimes you loose!!!
smile.png

I have bought quite a few shipped eggs and air sacs broke, scrambled eggs. I bought from one person and they had packed different than most I had bought and I had 80% hatch from her eggs too so I started packing like that when I sell eggs. It makes a difference. I line the inside of smaller box with foam, or pillow fluff. something extrememely soft. Then I wrap each egg with bubble wrap and put foam piece at end of each egg so can breathe, ( i think sealed bubble wraps suffocates them) then in between layer of eggs I put fluff or foam to pad then I wrap each egg in bubble wrap careful to put foam on end of eggs to keep open and pad them. Pack foam or fluff around them seal box and then I put large bubble wrap or air pillows down and foam peanuts set box inside larger box adn pack foam peanuts around it at least inch think to 3 inches and pack all around that box and seal that box put address on it and mark all over box. Fragile hatching eggs in black and red marker.

Back
Top Bottom