dont undersand how much Safegurad Liquid Goat wormer to give PLEASE ADVISE

ladyearth

Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2013
kentucky
DO I DILUTE IT?????? have read over and over.. the bottle said .06 for 25 pounds.. Goats.
So read on here , to use .05 in syringe for a BABY GIRL. she weighed over 4 lbs at the VET the other day. vet gave her "baytril injection" I bet she has worms... she still hangs back some.... doesnot run as much and graze with Roo. she wants to hang out more in run instead of in the big big Yard... still fussies ,runs some.. but not herself. No idea if almost 7 months old BABY GIRL is laying an egg since Big Sister is laying wish I had a camera to capture who is going in the right nest box..... their are 3 hens and one Roo Roo " Barr Rock" in group, Youngest hens is somewhat ounger.. still not a rosy comb yet... prob month younger than her sister,,,, only raide Baby Girl and Roo from 5 days old. other two hens got over month ago...
Staying more under aluminum topper by herself.... wants to even sleep at far end of roost by herself. plus she looks skinnier. Her poo is still not solid. saw some suspicious things in her poo.....on the poo tray... HUBBY said it looked like the sunflower sprout stems.......
Got lots of 1 ml syringes...... so do I fill it up to .05 and give it to her..
HOW CAN,. how can that be when bottle say .06 for a 25 pound goat...............
hope i cancatch her and get it in her mouth slowly.. the others are going to be next to impossible to even catch... they act like I am going to hurt them ...
MY HUBBY says I flinch when trying to grab them gently.....
please advise dont want it to get worse........

I dont recommend mixing the safeguard liquid goat wormer in water anymore. I found out the hard way that diluting it in water makes it less effective and it settles to the bottom as well.
Dose it orally undiluted to each chicken, 1/2cc for standard size, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Give it to each chicken 3 days in a row for better effectiveness. No need to redose in 10 days

Here ya go! This is from Dawg, he really knows his stuff!

edit... what is standard size? Baby Girl is over 4 lbs...... am I missing something ??? but why does the pkg say .6 for 25 lbs.. goats??? am I the right decimal point on this 1 ml syringe ???
heck if i even open their door they have a fit... THE OLDER BIG SET...... litte BarrRock chickens easier to acess smaller house BIT EASIER EXCEPT FAT br ROO ROO ah wish I could hypnotize them, lol
thanks

Last edited:
edit... what is standard size? Baby Girl is over 4 lbs...... am I missing something ??? but why does the pkg say .6 for 25 lbs.. goats??? am I the right decimal point on this 1 ml syringe ???
heck if i even open their door they have a fit... THE OLDER BIG SET...... litte BarrRock chickens easier to acess smaller house BIT EASIER EXCEPT FAT br ROO ROO ah wish I could hypnotize them, lol
thanks
As mentioned by Chicmom and Cafarmgal, give your over 4lb Baby Girl 1/2ml liquid goat wormer orally undiluted. Birds metabolize and excrete anything they eat or drink much quicker than other livestock, that's why there's a high dosage of the wormer in order for it to be effective.

can i put the dose on a crouton etc . cant imagine trying to give the older batch such. HUbby helped with the Barr rocks... Baby girl was the worse...... tried to get Barr rock roo to take it.. he wnated no part.. so can i give Roo a crouton with his dose on it????? I tried to give Baby Girl her dose by myself for quite a while. had to go get HUbby to help......
thanks

You can put it on a crouton, piece of bread or whatever will absorb and hold the liquid.
I cradle the bird in my arm, pull the wattles down, then use my other hand to grab the preloaded syringe (no needle) and squirt the 1/2cc liquid in the mouth, quickly letting go of the wattles so she can swallow the liquid on her own preventing aspiration.

thanks
Some species, like goats, cows, horses and pigs get much less of many drugs. Your bottle is labeled for goats, and goats get 0.05ml per 2.2 pounds. Other Species, like dogs, cats and birds get up to ten times that.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom