Don't usually "Impulse buy".... but

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Got an e-mail from woot and ended up buying a

Dyson DC28 Animal Upright Vacuum for $300, about half of what Dyson itself advertises as it's retail price.

Any of you ever own one of those?.... our Lilly, (Golden Retriever.. has become a full time inside the house dog, against my better wishes so I wanted something that could really clean)

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yep... i have the Dyson Animal.(purple one)
    We LOVE it. Have you tried it yet? We were amazed at how much more it picks up...

I havent been able to kill it yet and its been like 5-6 yrs...

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I had a vacuum thread a while back when I was looking for one and lots of people said they love their Dysons. WAY out of my budget though, even at half price. Plus I only have 2 small rooms with carpet, so I just needed something more basic. I ended up getting a Bissell Smartclean Rewind, which I love. It's not as lightweight as I was hoping for but it works great! I love the one touch cord rewind too. For some reason winding up a cord was really annoying for me. [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:They say it should ship in 4 to 5 days. I guess mine is Purple too. Wonder what my wife is gonna say about this impulse purchase.... [​IMG] Guess I won't say "Happy Birthday" when it comes...... [​IMG]

5. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:They say it should ship in 4 to 5 days. I guess mine is Purple too. Wonder what my wife is gonna say about this impulse purchase.... [​IMG] Guess I won't say "Happy Birthday" when it comes...... [​IMG]

I had a boyfriend once, a BOYFRIEND mind you, not even a husband, who gave me an iron and ironing board for my birthday. I was absolutely dumbfounded. [​IMG]

6. oaklandmama

oaklandmama Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:Sounds like that one was a keeper!

We got a used Dyson and totally love it. We use it less because we moved into a house with hardwood floors, but it is still great for upholstery and area rugs. We have a cat and people who are usually allergic remark that they don't have issues in our house.

7. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Sounds like that one was a keeper!

We got a used Dyson and totally love it. We use it less because we moved into a house with hardwood floors, but it is still great for upholstery and area rugs. We have a cat and people who are usually allergic remark that they don't have issues in our house.

Oh yeah, he was a keeper alright. I wonder who is keeping him these days..... [​IMG]

8. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Well, forward that email to me! I have been wanting to buy one of these!

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    very nice!!! Jealous [​IMG] I HAD ( my nephew lost the main filter piece while cleaning our other one [​IMG] )to buy a vacuum a month ago and stared at the Dyson for a long time but I just couldn't justify $500+ So I bought the LG pet one for 199$ works great but still wanted the Dyson..Have fun I've heard nothing but great things about Dyson! [​IMG]

10. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I've had a Dirt Devil Purpose for Pets -- Wal Mart, I think $80 -- for a few years now. What can I say, it's an $80 vacuum, you hand wind the cord and hold it up while vacuuming -- but it does a better job on pet hair than any other I've ever had, most in the $300 price range. If $300 is out of someone's price range, I'd recommend it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by