Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
My Coop
Got an e-mail from woot and ended up buying a

Dyson DC28 Animal Upright Vacuum for $300, about half of what Dyson itself advertises as it's retail price.

Any of you ever own one of those?.... our Lilly, (Golden Retriever.. has become a full time inside the house dog, against my better wishes so I wanted something that could really clean)

Yep... i have the Dyson Animal.(purple one)
We LOVE it. Have you tried it yet? We were amazed at how much more it picks up...

I havent been able to kill it yet and its been like 5-6 yrs...

I had a vacuum thread a while back when I was looking for one and lots of people said they love their Dysons. WAY out of my budget though, even at half price. Plus I only have 2 small rooms with carpet, so I just needed something more basic. I ended up getting a Bissell Smartclean Rewind, which I love. It's not as lightweight as I was hoping for but it works great! I love the one touch cord rewind too. For some reason winding up a cord was really annoying for me.
roll.png

Quote:
They say it should ship in 4 to 5 days. I guess mine is Purple too. Wonder what my wife is gonna say about this impulse purchase....
hide.gif
Guess I won't say "Happy Birthday" when it comes......
tongue2.gif

Quote:
They say it should ship in 4 to 5 days. I guess mine is Purple too. Wonder what my wife is gonna say about this impulse purchase....
hide.gif
Guess I won't say "Happy Birthday" when it comes......
tongue2.gif

I had a boyfriend once, a BOYFRIEND mind you, not even a husband, who gave me an iron and ironing board for my birthday. I was absolutely dumbfounded.
he.gif

Quote:
Sounds like that one was a keeper!

We got a used Dyson and totally love it. We use it less because we moved into a house with hardwood floors, but it is still great for upholstery and area rugs. We have a cat and people who are usually allergic remark that they don't have issues in our house.

Quote:
Sounds like that one was a keeper!

We got a used Dyson and totally love it. We use it less because we moved into a house with hardwood floors, but it is still great for upholstery and area rugs. We have a cat and people who are usually allergic remark that they don't have issues in our house.

Oh yeah, he was a keeper alright. I wonder who is keeping him these days.....
wink.png

very nice!!! Jealous
hit.gif
I HAD ( my nephew lost the main filter piece while cleaning our other one
barnie.gif
)to buy a vacuum a month ago and stared at the Dyson for a long time but I just couldn't justify $500+ So I bought the LG pet one for 199$ works great but still wanted the Dyson..Have fun I've heard nothing but great things about Dyson!
clap.gif

I've had a Dirt Devil Purpose for Pets -- Wal Mart, I think $80 -- for a few years now. What can I say, it's an $80 vacuum, you hand wind the cord and hold it up while vacuuming -- but it does a better job on pet hair than any other I've ever had, most in the $300 price range. If $300 is out of someone's price range, I'd recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom