Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rlly?!?! You don't eat them 😱😱😱
Nope. If someone processes them and someone cooks them I can eat them, but I have to be very removed from the process. I don't know why. I can eat vegetables I grow. But I have a hard time with the birds. I still have frozen meat in the freezer from the last time I had someone process them. I literally gave them the birds and said they could keep the meat for a "processing fee", they felt bad and brought me some. The roommate cooked some and I almost couldn't eat it. She had to threaten me with a cooking implement before I choked it down. It wasn't bad. And I'm sure I'm just being silly, but it is what it is. Maybe if I did it more frequently I could eat them. But I can guarantee I can't process them. I have to call the Homestead Husbands up the road to cull birds for me usually.

My sister is the same way. She loves to live in this fantasy world where the cow fairy just magically waves a wand or something and the meat just appears on those little pink squares in the grocery store overnight !! I bet if you didn't eat for a week you'd not be so selective on which freezer that chicken came from :)

It's an emotional bond, many people get that way, especially if you raised it, you KNOW it's going to die, you KNOW it's being raised for dinner but when the day comes, ooh I can't. I am told that if you kiss the chicken on the lips and say good bye honey, they forgive you and all is well! Should try it maybe?

Now that's an idea, a chicken kissing contest, first place, a case of Salmonella all to yourself!

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom