door in coop

bush

Songster
6 Years
Feb 23, 2014
I am going to build a coop/run this spring I am wondering if I should have a closeable door going from the run into the coop. I do know this is the way with chickens as they do go in in the evening and it is good to close to help keep predators out. Do quail go in the coop in the evening? Thanks for your replies. Bush

I am going to build a coop/run this spring I am wondering if I should have a closeable door going from the run into the coop. I do know this is the way with chickens as they do go in in the evening and it is good to close to help keep predators out. Do quail go in the coop in the evening? Thanks for your replies. Bush
Quail don't really have the same roosting ideas as chickens. They just kind sleep on the floor wherever they felt a warm spot. They definitely won't ever get into a back to the coop the sun is going down regiment the way chickens do.

Maybe you could trick them into going back into the coop by feeding them at night only? and renmove their feed in the morning when you open up their coop. Quail are incredibly food motivated.

Back
Top Bottom